Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Fadal formate1 or formate2

Scott Bond

quote:

format2 seems to be a little easier for alot of fixture offsets.

In format2 you are allowed 48. Also, some of the

fixed cycles may be a little different.

Fixture offsets are no more difficult in format 1 than format 2. Format 1 allows the use of 48 fixture offsets as well.

Thad

Good Morning all

Thanks for your posts and here is a little more info;;;;;;;;

When we receive our new 9.1,,we will be making new Fadal and Haas posts from the mighty mcmaster post . I am going to persuade our manual guys to change from format 1 to format 2 with me. I expect resistance from the manual programmers.. And I am hoping to define the differences between (1) and (2) here in the forum so that I am clearly able to answer there questions .

The biggest difference that I see (I use Format 2) is that you must start with a "safe" block to set up your mill and need to explicitly "reset" your machine home points if you "move" them during the machining. If you go here: http://www.fadal.com/ie/manuals/manuals1.asp and check out Section 21 under the Users Manual it has much more info on the differences. You can load it as a PDF or download the PDF file.

Unlike the recommendation for the "safe" block, I use the following:

N30 G20

N40 Z0 G53

N50 G0 G17 G40 G49 G70 G80 G90 H0 E0 Z0

The recommended G28 X0 Y0 Z0 got me in trouble with my 3016L.

cheers.gif

quote:

Hi thad

Can we use E1 home or G54 home in formate one?

Can we use differant "D" values from the'h" values in formate one?

Scott,

E1 and G54 are interchangeable. (E2=G55, E3=G56,...G59 etc.) Beyond G59, you must use the E word.

IIRC, you can use different H and D values, but there is a catch. I think if you call up the H and D on the same line, which is the default if you use the "Functions" to do tool calls when manually programming, it will automatically call up the H of whatever D value is given. (Or maybe it's the other way around.) So you couldn't have different H and D values. This is a "safety feature" to make sure that you don't "accidently" pick up the wrong tool height and crash. But, I believe you can pick up the H on one line, then pick up a different D on your comp move and not have any problems. I think you also have 99 tool offsets to work with, so maybe that would help you out.

If you use the "Functions" to do manual programming (similar to Haas Quickcode, but much better), it will automatically pick up the H and D on the same line. If your program doesn't use comp, the control doesn't do anything with the D value, although it reads it. Just a little side note on Format 1. We run our 4 Fadals in format 1 and (although I've never used format 2) that's the way I like it. tongue.gif

You live in Chatsworth and own Fadals??? You're in the Promised Land. biggrin.gif

I forgot to mention...we rarely use E1 or G54. We pick up the edge and type SETX or SETY (but NEVER SETZ!!!). No dicking around with fixture offsets.

Thad

[ 04-09-2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: thad ]

Thanks a lot I am done thinking on which format , and your personal info has been a lot of help. We are useing formate 1 E1,,E2,,and the guys on the floor are already protesting any changes I might make. So I am going to cave and wright the new posts for formate one. Thanks again you guys were a lot of help.

Fadal is one block over and two blocks down, I pass it on my way to Dandy's Dogs for lunch.

[ 04-09-2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

• 2 weeks later...

I use format 1 for machining. When I use the probing I change to format 2 because it does not make the move to home position. I have made the routines for edge finding and center finding and the move to home position is a disaster. As far as posting is concerned I have very little trouble with fanuc type programs in format 1 but I still like fadel format better. I hate to brag but I have the best fadel post. I would like to let it out and get some feedback if anyone is interested.

I have uploaded my post. It is called bfad9.pst and don't forget bfad9.txt. They are in the post and txt directory. I also put a file in the mc9 dir called posttest. It is very useful for testing some of the basic functions that any post should use like g17 g18, cutter comp and some drill cycles.

Make sure you check out the misc int and reals for L9401 and L9801.

I have uploaded my post. It is called bfad9.pst and don't forget bfad9.txt. They are in the post and txt directory. I also put a file in the mc9 dir called posttest. It is very useful for testing some of the basic functions that any post should use like g17 g18, cutter comp and some drill cycles.

Make sure you check out the misc int and reals for L9401 and L9801.

Hi,

I have 2 Fadals and both are set to format 1.

All the programming is done using Mastercam.

We never have had any problems or reason to change format.We can program at the control if we so desire,but raraly do.

As far as programming a "D" you do not have to,only the "H".You will be able to OFFSET "D" & "H" with no problems.

I assume you are taking most of the programming off the floor.

Your biggest problem will be getting over all

the complaints from the operators at first.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

Joe