Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T

Carlie

Hello everyone. My name is Carlie and I am an executive recruiter in NYC.I am working with a firearm manufacturer in the NY area (NY/NJ/CT) that is looking for a Senior level CNC Programmer. The company wants someone who has 10-20 yrs experience, an engineering background with computer skills, MasterCam and Fanuc experience. The company requested I find someone who has worked in a metal cutting shop not a mold shop.

My client said he will relocate someone and/or sponsor someone if they are the right candidate and salary is up tp 150K for the right person. Thank you to all of you who have already offered help with this position.

quote:

metal cutting shop not a mold shop

Not like those molds are metal... rolleyes.gif

You mold guys are all prima donnas anyway eek.giftongue.gifeek.gif

In addition, allow me to say: $150K!?! Holy Sh*t!

cheers.gif

[ 06-04-2003, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

quote:

The company requested I find someone who has worked in a metal cutting shop not a mold shop.

Last time I checked the molds we build a made of metal.Usualy many different kinds.If not I"d beter up my speeds and feeds.It's all the sh*t get the print make the parts.

cheers.gif Noel

Here is something I found in Cyberspace..

You Live in California when...

1. You make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house.

2. The high school quarterback calls a time-out to answer his cell phone.

3. The fastest part of your commute is going down your driveway.

4. You know how to eat an artichoke.

5. You drive your rented Mercedes to your neighborhood block party.

6. When someone asks you how far something is, you tell them how long it

will take to get there rather than how many miles away it is.

You Live in New York City when...

1. You say "the city" and expect everyone to know you mean Manhattan.

2. You have never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State

Building.

3. You can get into a four-hour argument about how to get from Columbus

Circle to Battery Park, but can't find Wisconsin on a map.

4. You think Central Park is "nature,"

5. You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language

makes you multi-lingual.

6. You've worn out a car horn.

7. You think eye contact is an act of aggression.

You Live in Maine when...

1. You only have four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco.

2. Halloween costumes fit over parkas.

3. You have more than one recipe for moose.

4. Sexy lingerie is anything flannel with less than eight buttons.

5. The four seasons are: winter, still winter, almost winter, and

construction.

You Live in the Deep South when...

1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.

2."ya'll" is singular and "all ya'll" is plural.

3. After five years you still hear, "You ain't from 'round here, are Ya?"

4. "He needed killin' " is a valid defense.

5. Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jimmy Bob, Mary Sue, Betty Jean,

etc.

You live in Colorado when....

1. You carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car.

2. You tell your husband to pick up Granola on his way home and he stops at

the day care center.

3. A pass does not involve a football or dating.

4. The top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.

You live in the Midwest when...

1. You've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows your name.

2. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor.

3. You have had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" on the same day.(It's coming BerTau)!

4. You end sentences with a preposition: "Where's my coat at?"

5. When asked how your trip was to any exotic place, you say, "It was

different!"

You live in Florida when....

1. You eat dinner at 3:15 in the afternoon.

2. All purchases include a coupon of some kind -- even houses and cars.

3. Everyone can recommend an excellent dermatologist.

4. Road construction never ends anywhere in the state.

5. Cars in front of you are often driven by headless people

150k bah..whats that for an entry level position? Kids in NYC are flipping burgers at mickey d's for that much. People keep accepting these jobs for peanuts, and are ruining it for everyone.

But seriously...a firearm manufacturer eh...does it involve being shot out of a cannon? tongue.gif

Thanks for visiting the forum Carlie, and providing a job opportunity. Please pardon our sometimes "antagonistic" sense of humors with each other....

Oh, I use to live in NY state, and it probably is easier to start your own gun manufacturing company than to actual purchase one in the Empire State. biggrin.gif

Besides, most of the "quality" (hahahaha) firearms manufactures are located in the Ring of Fire in SoCal...Lorcin,Bryco,Phoenix,Raven. Sorry everyone in SoCal! Oh boy, this thread is going to snowball.... biggrin.gifeek.gifbiggrin.gifeek.gif

Hello, Carlie.

I've run a 3 axis CNC router for 7+ years. I've run mastercam for 11 months. 2D CAD design experience is 7 years, 3D CAD design experience is almost 1 year. I don't know too much about CNC programming- 1 year to learn, but I can router out whatever the company needs. My strength does not lie in programming and whatnot; rather, I can design some mean parts- and, get them toolpathed and machined. I still got a lot to learn, plugging away day after day. I'm presently studying a CNC programming book written by Peter Smid.

I'm fasinated with the CNC design and manufacturing industry, and would be humbled if you, Carlie, would perhaps consider me as an assistant to whomever you decide to hire as your company's senior CNC Programmer.

At this present time I'm designing spoilers or "wings" for an after-market automotive company. I'm still in the developmental stage, but making tremendous strides. I design and machine other products for the company while developing our 'wing technology'. I have spoiler files ready for machining but our router gantry clearance is only 2 1/2 inches. The company I work for, after analysing my progression, is purchasing a CNC Vertical Mill.

Our company is tremendously successful- being a leader in the industry for over 30 years- but we're just starting out in the CNC manufacturing acumen. I'm learning as I go and no one else knows anything with regards as to what I do.

I've had certified mastercam training, and have read every book Mastercam has to offer. I have a Design Seat of Mastercam v. 9.1 at home, and have developed parts at home to be toolpathed and machined at work. Hope we can talk later.

Sincerely,

Daniel Fitz

quote:

that is looking for a Senior level CNC Programmer. The company wants someone who has 10-20 yrs experience, an engineering background with computer skills, MasterCam and Fanuc experience. The company requested I find someone who has worked in a metal cutting shop not a mold shop.

Carlie !

Plz excuse my curiosity and ignorance but not paying attention to the fact that I am in Israel and not planning to relocate theoretically I am your man. smile.gif

I was 8 years mechanical engineer and 10 years operator and CNC programmer with a knowledge of

Mastercam ,Fanuc and so on.

BUT .....

I am the moldmaker! confused.gif

All my life I thought that beeng the moldmaker puts your in the higher ranks not on the bottom.

I feel disturbed and confused that I am the dumb moldmaker and the good kind people of your company even theoretically wouldn`t think of me as a possible candidate! biggrin.gif

I know that you americans like to talk about political correctness and I THINK THAT THIS IS POLITICALY UNCORRECT !

I feel a sort of segregated man ( like a new sort of race - A DUMB MOLDMAKER )! confused.gif

This feeling of abused man makes me nervous and

sorta pissed off ! frown.gif

Can you kindly explain the cause and point of view

of your great corporation and don`t shoot on me if my low ignorance and simple-mindness disturbed you ?

[ 06-11-2003, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

You get the big bucks because they send you to law school before you ever touch a machine that makes guns. If they don't make a lawyer out of you, you will not have developed the vocabulary and thought processes that allow you to understand ATF regs. Without the degree these regs will confound confuse and irritate you on a daily basis. wink.gif

quote:

you will not have developed the vocabulary and thought processes that allow you to understand ATF regs

That's why the stipulation -No Moldies need apply... These guys can't read, Besides we need people that can machine, not buff out their mistakes wink.gif

Don't get excited, the purpose of my message is to provoke a bad response, I just checked my calendar and it is my week (Multax is gone so someone needs to supply the spark)