Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A Poll: Retirement Ages And Destinations

Alias

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My advice. If you do not like what you are doing, figure out what you would like to do and make it happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar to what my Grandpa says;

"Find something you love to do, figure out a way to make money doing it and you'll never have to work a day in your life." That philosophy has helped me get where I am today.

Thanks Grandpa!

Now thats a beautiful thing. smile.gifsmile.gif

Here's something a not so wise man once told me:

Find a hobby that you can make money at, quit your job when your hobby starts to make more than your job and do that, then find a new hobby...

Personally, I plan on winning the lottery then doing nothing but flyfishing for the rest of my life....just gotta convince the lottery board to fund my retirement...

Nice reply Tom Smith. Jenks, you've got the right idea. The UP is only 90 minutes from here and it's great. Too bad my wife would rather go 30 hours south (AZ) instead.

A true story similar to one above...A guy who lived just a few miles from me proudly went to the mail box to get his first official pension check. He then had a heart attack and died before he got back to the house. WOW.

With a 1 year old and a 3 year old, I just want to play outside for the next 20 years, then concentrate on work.

I have goals...BUT...Don't spend so much time making a living that you forget to have a life.

Good luck to all,

ScottyB

cheers.gif

Great replys all of you...

Myself ? My daughter will be a freshman this fall, so I have 4 more years dedicated to staying in Lodi to see her through high school. After that, who knows. I'm still young at heart.

Kathy

cool.gif

I don't think I will ever retire. I can not stand to not work. Especially in the type of work that I do. I am not happy doing anything else. And it seems as though everyone I know that has retired dies a few years after. I love my job and I will keep doing it until my company makes me stop!