Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X6 Probe

Rocketmachinist

Back in V9 days, and mold maker who needed Level 3 surfacing got Multiaxis ( 5 axis)

wheter he wanted it or not... and he got charged maintenance on it whether he used it or not.

When the transition occurred between V9 and X did the maintenance cost for level 3 users decrease accordingly because users no longer had to pay for the multiaxis functionality, or was there a new, additional maintenance cost for the multiaxis users?

When the transition occurred between V9 and X did the maintenance cost for level 3 users decrease accordingly because users no longer had to pay for the multiaxis functionality, or was there a new, additional maintenance cost for the multiaxis users?

Users that had mutli-axis were grandfathered in, they only paid the maintenance to keep it. If they chosee to drop ot, they did not have to pay main.

A mill 3 seats cost was lowered and the multi-axis was from that point purchased as an add-on,

I've been using Pro+ from Renishaw for about five years and I have to say it is awesome. I have played a little with it in X6 and it looks identical. Same interface and functionality. That being said I would lean towards a separate seat of Pro+ myself. Many quality systems require you to use a different program than the CAM program for quality.

Our maintenance went UP once the transition happened. There was an additional maintenance. And NO, the guy that pays the bills in our shop was not happy. He thought that it was B.S.

In X6, do we have to constantly change the NCI and NC data paths back in the config file

because the config file settings do not stick.

Has this bug been fixed in X6 or not?

I am resetting it in X5 ....AGAIN....this morning, did it yesterday also....

Rick,

The best place to set those is in the control def, not the config.

The config is general, every control def's settings will over ride the config settings.

Hi All

Just to clear things up a little, the Productivity Plus add-in to Mastercam is not released in X6. It is only a prototype and is only available for testing with dealer Sims, or if you have a prototype code to run prototype functionality. It was developed in conjunction with Renishaw. Developers from both CNC Software and Renishaw did the integration. It will be officially released in X7. If you are familiar with the standalone Renishaw version of Productivity Plus (which has been available for several years), the look and feel is the same in Mastercam. We've integrated it as a toolpath type in Mastercam, and allow the user to use Mastercam selection to define the probing routines that they wish to run. These probing routines are added as operations in Mastercam's toolpath manager.

This add-in requires some post customization in Mastercam and it also requires a Renishaw post. It is an extra cost add-in, but will be very competitively priced when released. I hope this clears things up a little.

Doug

It is an extra cost add-in, but will be very competitively priced when released.

Will you guys feel any obligation to support your customers that invest in this for more than just a few years, or if you decide it is no longer in your best interest will you simply leave those customers out in the cold?

• Like 2

Hi All

Just to clear things up a little, the Productivity Plus add-in to Mastercam is not released in X6. It is only a prototype and is only available for testing with dealer Sims, or if you have a prototype code to run prototype functionality. It was developed in conjunction with Renishaw. Developers from both CNC Software and Renishaw did the integration. It will be officially released in X7. If you are familiar with the standalone Renishaw version of Productivity Plus (which has been available for several years), the look and feel is the same in Mastercam. We've integrated it as a toolpath type in Mastercam, and allow the user to use Mastercam selection to define the probing routines that they wish to run. These probing routines are added as operations in Mastercam's toolpath manager.

This add-in requires some post customization in Mastercam and it also requires a Renishaw post. It is an extra cost add-in, but will be very competitively priced when released. I hope this clears things up a little.

Doug

This exists already.......

Since it will require post mods and a Renishaw post, it sounds like what some of us have already with custom drill cycles. Full implementation of all probe routines along with custom DPRINTS.

Verify? Not so much. But that's what Vericut is for. Full probing verification.

Done deal.... :D

pplus1.jpg

pplus2.jpg

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Will you guys feel any obligation to support your customers that invest in this for more than just a few years, or if you decide it is no longer in your best interest will you simply leave those customers out in the cold?

Apple... meet Orange.

The best place to set those is in the control def, not the config.

The config is general, every control def's settings will over ride the config settings.

I have set them in there....geese JP. i forgot that the config magically defaults them too..

So now I have to go back and reset it there again...thanks for the reminder. :)

Hope that is fixed in X6 or X7....