Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU2

LaszloK

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

X6 MU2

I have following problem.

1-st

I created drilling operation. Again to edit operation, choose other geometry (point, arc) from toolpath type page, press button "apply" - Mastercam crashed.

2-nd

Again to edit operation, change type of operation (from drill to cirle mill or helix bore), press button "apply" - Mastercam crashed.

I have checked up it on three computer with different operation systems and have received identical result: Mastercam crashed. There is no difference between win7 or win XP or Vista, between 64 and 32 bit operation system.

Anybody have the similar problems?

That was an issue in X6, but was resolved in MU1. It had to do with tip compensation crashign the path, but I tried a few different methods including the ways you outlined above and could not get it to crash MC.

What kind of tool are you using?

[/That was an issue in X6, but was resolved in MU1. It had to do with tip compensation crashign the path, but I tried a few different methods including the ways you outlined above and could not get it to crash MC.

What kind of tool are you using? quote]

There is no difference what type of the tool you use.

Please try following procedure:

Create drilling operation. Again to edit operation, choose other geometry (point, arc) from toolpath type page, press button "apply", after that press button "Cut Parameters" or "Linking Parameters"- Mastercam crashed.

Create drilling operation. Again to edit operation, choose other geometry (point, arc) from toolpath type page, press button "apply", after that press button "Cut Parameters" or "Linking Parameters"- Mastercam crashed.

Yup, I can recreate this.

This needs to be documented and sent in....

drill_crash_01.png

drill_crash_02.png

drill_crash_03.png

drill_crash_04.png

X6 MU2

I have following problem.

1-st

I created drilling operation. Again to edit operation, choose other geometry (point, arc) from toolpath type page, press button "apply" - Mastercam crashed.

2-nd

Again to edit operation, change type of operation (from drill to cirle mill or helix bore), press button "apply" - Mastercam crashed.

I have checked up it on three computer with different operation systems and have received identical result: Mastercam crashed. There is no difference between win7 or win XP or Vista, between 64 and 32 bit operation system.

Anybody have the similar problems?

Editing geometry in drilling operation works fine if you pick on Drill points manager in Operation manager.

So far i don't have any crush.

I had some crushes on my laptop when i do quick varify.

[ There is a readme file in the documents telling what they have fixed in X6 MU2. It also says that X7 will only work in Win7 and Win8. ]

If this realy is the case, then we will have to give up our maintenence. We will not be investing in hundreds of new computers, just for mastercam to work. That would be a great shame.

Your PC Provider might be able to offer a free upgrade to Windows 7 or a very inexpensive one.

MU2 Crashes here.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

JParis, yes you are right. This problem really prevents to work.

Mig, you should not edit separately geometry, after that parameters. It should be one action, now is a requirement to any CAM.

Slava 6, the work around for you is to edit the points from outside the operation, by selecting the geometry branch in the operations manager tree, then adding, deleting, or reselecting; whichever you need to do.

Not an insurmoutable issue.

John, I was NOT able to replicate it following you step by step. :headscratch:

Odd.

Don't use window points James and you copied the OP, I did not.

Create the op, click on parameters, click on the geometry to add points, pick your point, accept, hit APPLY, the click on parameters

You missed hitting the Apply button after adding the points

James and I bounced vid's back and forth last night, I sent him back of one I did that causes the crash, he did the same thing, no crash

We tried to figure out the missing piece of info but as yet, no luck

James did not hit the cut params branch after hitting apply in the last video.

Also, after initially creating the op, I gave it a tool from the library, then closed the op, opened it back up, add points... yada yada.

Pretend your not looking for a crash and treat it like you were actually working on a part, make a drill op (it needs a tool), go do some other stuff .... oh shoot, I forgot those points.....

James and I bounced vid's back and forth last night

whistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gif

now, now Keith, tsk, tsk

C'mon man!!!! I showed some real self control not fissin that.... welcome.gif

Headed up to White Lake next week, any chance you'll be 60 mi. north of home?

BTW, I bet is is crashing on him, he just fisses the crash in less time than a normal humans' eyes can blink...robo.gif

this is also broken:

2d chamfer using "control" for cutter comp, computer and wear work fine.

i sent this in and here is cnc software's response

Hi Mike.

I logged this as CNC 00109963.

You can change to Wear comp and it will comp to the correct side and also create leads

Rob Peirolo

Q.C.

CNC Software

thank you Rob :thumbup: (not being sarcastic or facetious, just sincere)

^^^^shazam - what does it do? Does it not run at all or is it only *slightly* broken???

We use this all of the time (control + chamfer for deburring) and haven't yet installed MU2.

This would be an ideal situation for a maintenance patch that we could just download and install. Waiting for a full MU sucks, especially when they are far between.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I recreated exactly what John did click for click (except for number of points I selected), no crash. I did "apply" before I exited the toolpath.

I'm going to give it one more go tonight to see if I can stumble upon it.

I just want to clear the air about this... I'm NOT saying there is not an issue. I'm just saying I don't see/experience the issue even though I am repeating the same process others are using.

FWIW, there are at least 2 alternate methods you can use to accomplish the same task.