Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU2

LaszloK

I've installed MU2. Posting from MU1 worked fine, but posting from MU2, I get a bunch of errors.

I wouldn't have expected MU2 to upset the posting :(

After updating my system - I'm also getting posting errors: "A formula is attempting to read from a look up table that does not exist".

However - the table is there and the look up is actually working perfectly fine!! I've verified this with the post debugger and it can be seen in the NC file that the values are being outputted correctly.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
People who are upset about Mastercam dropping support for XP in X7 might want to check it out SolidWorks 2013 System Requirements, ..... or not :coffee:

Reality fiss

:whistle:

SolidWorks won't be the last CAD software to dump XP support.

Guest JP @ Cimquest

Solid Edge dropping XP

My own personal opinion is such, if an IT Dept has not done any upgrading beyond XP, they have done their respective companies a SERIOUS disservice

Solid Edge stops certifying new releases against an operating system shortly after Microsoft drops mainstream support for it. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for XP in April 2009. Solid Edge ST4 is the last version to install on Windows XP. For ST4, we will not address XP operating system related issues or provide XP-specific fixes. Solid Edge ST5 will not install on XP.

Please note that the NX 8.0.0 README files and installation documentation

have incorrect information regarding support of the 32-bit version of

Windows 7. NX 8.0.0 only supports the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

The NX 8.0.0 Release Letter has the correct information in the

"NX 8 System Information -> Platforms -> Operating System Requirements"

section. Please refer to that page for complete information regarding

Supported Operating Systems.

Linky

I wonder if their customers moved because they dropped XP?

Feed back for X6 MU2. I'm getting a consistent crashing on Xform scale on Geometry. Someone else want to confirm.

It just BSOD'ed when I tried to send a crash report, and won't even let me open Mastercam at all. Hope I don't have to do a complete reinstall.

Hello all for the last half a dozen times i have tried this i keep getting this error for a spotting op and for a drill op. I have tried deleting and adding points to the circles and retried new chaining for points, arcs, and even started over and reselect all the points from the beginning. But i can not find the cause of this error the code posts good but every time i hit the save icon to save the info to the MC X6 file i get this error. this is with X6 MU2 :wallbash: Any info or pointers would be appreciated . Thanks To All the Great Support On Emastercam !!!

this is easy to fix

Save your file and close it... clicking OK to the yell .. you will not loss any data.

when you open your file again ..

one of the ops will be locked and the comment will say "Repaired NCI"

The op is OK, just unlock it, and correct the comment to say what you want it to say.

In my case, this is usually caused by

Selecting all ops

right click

Edit Parameters and turning on coolant

normally this will only happen if there are Transform ops in my selection of ops

After update to X6 MU2 i have problem when opening some .stp files, mastercam crashes.

Same here, lets go back to MU1 :s (or other cam)

I found this in update log, so here is probably some kind of mistake.

cnc00106302 File Importing an STP file using surfaces no longer shows gaps in surfaces.

I've just opened twelve different step files, from two different systems. I clicked on the Options button for each import, and each import worked fine.

Probably best that you do send it into QC, to see if they can replicate it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've been dwnloading and importing STEP files from Kennametal's site often today. No issues so far.

WHat CAD System did the file originate from. If you open up the file in a text editor it will tell you there in the header.