Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU2

LaszloK

I can say this.

Change a tools Name or T/D/H # and it actually updates all of them.... Before you had to go into each Op and click on the tool so it would update the name.

THANK YOU CNC!

Now if the lathe tools would not change the feedrate I would be happy!

Does this work with holders?

I use holders for everything (except quotes), the one thing I have noticed if you have a holder selected for a tool, and you do another toolpath with the same tool, as soon as the toolpath parameters page opens pick your tool, Do not hit apply yet, go the holders tab and then hit apply, and then go back and set everything else. Just what I have seen, and Rick you already know everything else to watch out for. :welcome:

I use holders for everything (except quotes), the one thing I have noticed if you have a holder selected for a tool, and you do another toolpath with the same tool, as soon as the toolpath parameters page opens pick your tool, Do not hit apply yet, go the holders tab and then hit apply, and then go back and set everything else. Just what I have seen, and Rick you already know everything else to watch out for.

This is the only way I've been able to make holders half reliable.

Mike

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I just don't like "holders" in toolpaths. None of that holder info is passed through to the NCI file so it's not nearly as helpful as it could be. It's kinda like Machine Defs and Controls Defs... half done.

Just sayin'

:whistle:

I just don't like "holders" in toolpaths. None of that holder info is passed through to the NCI file so it's not nearly as helpful as it could be. It's kinda like Machine Defs and Controls Defs... half done.

Yes, but they can be very helpful in verify and can be imported into vericut pretty seamlessly. Our posts also grab the holder number so our setup guys know exactly what to use.

Mike

I am not necessarily sure that this is feed back for MU2 particularly as I have seen this issue in several paths through several versions of the software.

I have tried to create a very simple optirough cycle. Instead of processing the tool path it just hangs. I tried to let it process through my lunch but nothing seems to be happening. Then I try to stop the thread using the multi-thread manager and nothing seems to happen. Eventually I have to just force close Mastercam and restart.

Would be nice if at least it were possible to STOP the process so that you could make a change without having to force close Mastercam.

Neuosis I get that on occasion as well,

Have to use a different path Shen it occurs.

Some paths still go dirty changing a feed....

Ive always found that it ends up being one simple change that makes the difference. Whether it be a change to the step up, min radius, etc. But it blows to have to force close Mastercam every single time I make a change and I dont want to just change a bunch of xxxx at once because then I never know what it was that caused the problem.