Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU2

LaszloK

it cuts on the opposite side and does not add the lead in/out, broke. just use wear and put a note in the program to use zero for a cutter dia. offset and then you can adjust the dia to meet the chamfer accordingly.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Booger! We have our post force the rad of the tool output with a G10 at the start of the tool...means we have to remember to set this to 0.

Rob is a class guy and has ALWAYS been helpful with me.

+1

His responses were like a lighthouse in the fog for me!!!

James, AFTER hitting apply, the next thing to click is the cut params branch. (Don't exit the toolpath parameters) That is the click that causes the crash (instantly) for me.

I did "apply" before I exited the toolpath.

The last pic in JP's post #108, there are 2 red arrows, hit cut params, then the crash window pops up.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

+1

His responses were like a lighthouse in the fog for me!!!

James, AFTER hitting apply, the next thing to click is the cut params branch. (Don't exit the toolpath parameters) That is the click that causes the crash (instantly) for me.

The last pic in JP's post #108, there are 2 red arrows, hit cut params, then the crash window pops up.

Nope. I CANNOT get this to crash. WHen John and I were swapping ideas last night, he sent me a video and I followed his video step for step. No crashie. Cut params, no cut params, this first, that first.

Definitely the best bet will be to send it to QC with step by step instructions. Chances are with all the systems they have there, they will get it to crash.

i was able to crash by adding holes as well, but at the end it doesn't matter if i click on cut parameters, planes, coolant, or any of the items in that column. i also ask, why would you hit apply before going back to cut parameters? i've never added holes this way seems like a lot of extra clicking.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
... why would you hit apply before going back to cut parameters? i've never added holes this way seems like a lot of extra clicking.

Yeah, no kidding. Looking at this from a "flow" perspective, it seems counter-productive to approach adding holes to an existing operation this way. Don't get me wrong, crashes need to get fixed, but I can accomplish the same task (adding holes to an existing operation) with about 1/2 as many clicks by going to the geometry branch on the operation tree after I've completed the operation. I never click "Apply" when I'm creating an operation, only whe modifying an operation. IMHO, apply indicates a change in something that already exists, so if I'm creating a new operation, Apply in reality does nothing, just an extra click.

Now, usually if I notice I've missed some holes while I'm creating the operation, personally I like to complete the operation, then go back and add positions through the geometry branch. Obviously that's a personal preference and we all work differently.

JM2CFWIW

I didn't even know the option was there on the toolpath type branch of the op's parameters...sofa.gif

Yeah,, I hate finding stuff out like that too.... :) I could have used that "hide behind the counch" emoticon several times lately :)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I didn't even know the option was there on the toolpath type branch of the op's parameters...sofa.gif

Please tell me we're not playing semantics... :question:

...going to the geometry branch on the operation tree after I've completed the operation.

Now, usually if I notice I've missed some holes while I'm creating the operation, personally I like to complete the operation, then go back and add positions through the geometry branch. Obviously that's a personal preference and we all work differently.

JM2CFWIW

I *thought* this was the way to do it and didn't even realise there was any other way???

Every day's a school day :D

Anybody else experience this? Copy and paste dynamic area mill in ops manager. pasted op the z depth resets to zero and the entry also lost its radius, plunge angle and z clearance. If it was a insert endmill instead of a 1/2" solid carbide it would have crashed! Still don't trust it. I have to double check ops. :rant:

• 6 months later...