Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Does anybody else experience poor performance with larger files

austing

So now I just pulled a 254 meg file from the FTP and opened that up and played around. with every level on I saw a little slowing on my Space pilot rotation but not much and not enough to keep me from working smoothly. thru another path on it and opened some ops and made changes no slowing. this tread just made me wonder with my rig I built what was going to slow it down in MC. PS while I was doing this playing I have XM streaming and email open and this forum going. now I have to try this on my laptop.

I would review you system. jM2C

• Like 1

Jay,

It appears to me that you don't have a computer that thing is a frickin' tractor!

I had a sneaky suspicion that my computer (if I can call it that now) was not up to par. Even though I'm running 64 bit I still feel inadequate.

I just got windows 7 put on this thing last month. Guy next to me had been running XP.

Now.... how do I convince the powers that be to get me a computer that is "worthy"?

The catia guys are running about the same computer that I am.

I usually open about 300MB+ step files (complete model of injection mould) and it takes about 2 or 3 hours to open it. After opening it is little slower, but after i found part i need and save it in separate file its ok.

For one kind of job i always create about 100+ MB mcx file (a lot of komplex free surface solids with toolpaths) and i must say that with these files MC became little unstable, i have to save job every 10 mins, because crashes when doing some operations with solids became more often. But it can be solved by splitting file in parts. Reopening is faster than, because i can open only file with part i curently need. But I do not complain, because second best won't it :-) Mastercam is the best for me.

I usually open about 300MB+ step files (complete model of injection mould) and it takes about 2 or 3 hours to open it. After opening it is little slower, but after i found part i need and save it in separate file its ok.

For one kind of job i always create about 100+ MB mcx file (a lot of komplex free surface solids with toolpaths) and i must say that with these files MC became little unstable, i have to save job every 10 mins, because crashes when doing some operations with solids became more often. But it can be solved by splitting file in parts. Reopening is faster than, because i can open only file with part i curently need. But I do not complain, because second best won't it :-) Mastercam is the best for me.

I found same thing mastercam become unstable and do weard stuff when file grovs.

I've found that very large files are much more stable if I don't use solids to drive toolpaths.

This is especially true with using solid surfaces for check surfaces.

Sometimes the warning yell about check surfaces will hang and the 3 fingered exit

is your only choice.

• Like 1