Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New to The Forum

Kinger

Hey Everyone

I am brand new to the Forum.

I have been working with Rickster for a while, He explained all the help that he has recieved from using the Forum

I figured that I should give it a try myself!

We are using a Makino vertical PS 95 and an A51 horizontal with MasterCam X6

I would like to know if anyone else is using similar machinery?

We have problems with cutter comp on the A51 No matter what arc or length of Lead in I command it doesn't activate cutter comp at all

I have tried numerious ideas such as bigger arc on lead in, straight lead in (half the cutter dia) this Pro 5 controller will not activate comp when commanded from Mastercam

I am currently running ALL mastercam programs in computer mode to allow me to proceed, however it is slowing down the process when changes need to be made as I have to write a new program with the change specifcations made on mastercam ie: Diameter of hole needs to be opended by .001"

Let me know if anyone can help us out

Thanks

Kinger

Is you post outputting G41 or G42?

Does a Makino even need G41 or G42... I don't know??

Are you setting your cutter comp to "Wear" in Mastercam.

Can your operators get cutter comp to work by hand ... if so what are they doing..

Most machines will not allow cutter comp to be turned on with and arc move

They need a line first so I usually set a my lead in /lead out with a small tanget line then an arc onto the cut

Welocme to the forum... hopefully a Makino guy will step in for a minute and clear this up

Hey Everyone

I am brand new to the Forum.

I have been working with Rickster for a while, He explained all the help that he has recieved from using the Forum

Oh bummer. :fun:

We have problems with cutter comp on the A51 No matter what arc or length of Lead in I command it doesn't activate cutter comp at all

I have tried numerious ideas such as bigger arc on lead in, straight lead in (half the cutter dia) this Pro 5 controller will not activate comp when commanded from Mastercam

I am currently running ALL mastercam programs in computer mode to allow me to proceed, however it is slowing down the process when changes need to be made as I have to write a new program with the change specifcations made on mastercam ie: Diameter of hole needs to be opended by .001"

Let me know if anyone can help us out

Thanks

Kinger

Do you have the post set up to output D2 for the diameter comp, and H1 for the length comp on every tool regardless of tool number? (it's a Makino thing)