Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Startup Fail

Mick

We're having the same problem here. My colleague's machine fails to launch Mastercam X7 after a settings migration from X6.

He gets the following error dialog:

m0SwA8d.png

I ran a settings migration on my machine as well, and it still launches, but it gives me this error dialog first:

j8qsG6Y.png

I have been trying to sort out my colleague's machine for the past hour or so. I tried moving the four mw*.ini files from the "my mcamx6" folder before running the migration utility, but it made no difference. I will now try clearing the program files and registry folders, but I am still puzzled by the mystery error dialogs.

How was this not addressed during beta? We should not be seeing these issues on production machines.

Make sure X7 is closed, go into your my mcamx7 folder and delete mwMachSim.ini and then restart Mastercam and the above dialogs should be gone. Migration will copy these 4 .ini files to your X7 install and these are causing the issue.

FYI, this was tested numerous times during beta and until a few weeks ago we hadn't seen an inhouse machine with the problem and we only had 2 inhouse so far with the issue. I haven't chased it down enough to see exactly what in the .ini is causing the issue and how it got that way, but these .ini files were the culprit every time someone encountered it so far.

I have mine working great. Have opened a few problem files and verify is sooooo much better now. Have done the xml tweaks to lock in my desired precision and speed. All is silky smooth and super fast now.

To everyone having trouble, I know this is a pain. But the help to get your stuff fixed is right here in this thread. And it is worth the little extra to get it straightened out. X7 kicks butt.

Upon starting X7 this morning, I am getting "The program can't start because WIBUCM4.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

It was working fine.

Last night, I had a virus, which Malwarebytes AntiMalware removed... then I installed Microsoft Security Essentials.

I tried to re-install/repair... but it didn't help.

Looks like I will have to do a full un-install, then, install it from scratch.

I have been having the crash at start up issue as well. As soon as X7 starts it says it has encountered a problem and shuts down. Our IT guy was in today and seems to have fixed it.(I say seems because I haven't run it a whole lot yet). What he found was it was having a problem with the .NET. He uninstalled all the .NET 4 programs from the uninstall programs menu and we completely uninstalled X7. Then reboot and installed X7 letting it reinstall the .NET files. Hope this might help someone. If it gives me more trouble I will report back.

I've had MCX7 completely stop working at least 3 times now. The only fix I've had work is to rename/delete the config files in documents/my mcamx7/config/ and delete the x7 registry folder. running the migration utility is sort of like playing russian roulette. Like others have said using the "update folder" feature (and manually setting your folders in some cases) is a much better option.

Speak of the Devil. Right after I made this post it happens again, so make that 4.

OK, forget what I said. This morning when I started X7 I got an error "A required resource is was unavailable". At that point it was still running but I shut it down and restarted and now it won't run. I just get "Mastercam has stopped running". So I don't know what to do with it now. Does anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

We just installed X7 and the service pack on another computer and we are having the same problem. We get the splash screen then it crashes. Does anybody have any ideas? We have about 20 seats of Mastercam and so far have had this issue on 2 out of 4 that we've tried to install X7 on.

Thanks, Kevin K.

Anybody seen this as part of their crashes. Not even sure how to read this. The Lathe custom tools is not good also.

JeffT, if you are seeing this message when starting X7 refer to this post in this thread: http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=72865&st=20#entry851518

Delete the 4 mw*.ini file and you should be good to go.

We just installed X7 and the service pack on another computer and we are having the same problem. We get the splash screen then it crashes. Does anybody have any ideas? We have about 20 seats of Mastercam and so far have had this issue on 2 out of 4 that we've tried to install X7 on.

Thanks, Kevin K.

Kevin, did you see this thread: http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=72918

There was an issue with X7 release where if you changed MTB files and did any customization with toolbars and such the registry would get too large and would cause Mastercam to crash upon startup. Check the thread in the link above. You have to be comfrotable editing your registry. If not ask your reseller or our support staff for help. This is fixed in SP1, but the registry could still be an issue if it was messed up prior to installing SP1.

Thanks Jim. We are up and running on several PC's now. The other one that was crashing on start up ending up being a .net issue. For some reason X7 was having trouble installing the .net. I uninstalled all .net's and re-installed the latest form Microsoft (V4.5) and all is well. I will keep an aye on the registry though.

Thanks, Kevin K.