Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SP1 - where is is downloaded to?

TK-32™

I got the SP1 notification. It took two hours to download. I was working on a part when the download finished and immediately wanted to install.

I clicked, "Cancel" as I wanted to close X7. Well now I don't know where's SP1. I click on UPDATE in mastercam and it want's to download again.

So where's SP1 downloaded to?

do I have to wait another 2 hours?

It automatically pops up when I lunch X7.

OK, I'll wait for the official release.

if it's automatically popping up when you launch X7..they have released it to the public

Try looking in

C:\Users\*** your logon name here ***\AppData\Local\Temp

you may be able to figure out which one it is... though it would be safer to just download it again

if it's automatically popping up when you launch X7..they have released it to the public

Try looking in

C:\Users\*** your logon name here ***\AppData\Local\Temp

you may be able to figure out which one it is... though it would be safer to just download it again

Our internet at work works at the speed of congress. I guess I can download it again. After I finish this X7 part I'll close it, let it download it and use X6 in the mean time.

Our internet at work works at the speed of congress. I guess I can download it again. After I finish this X7 part I'll close it, let it download it and use X6 in the mean time.

your internet is blazing fast .. it would take about 14 hrs to download that file here

I got CNC to send me a link so I could download it on my 4G cell phone... that takes about 15 to 20 minutes LOL

The new update process is pretty cool, but the need to make the file available for download

so bandwidth challenged users can get it too.

I typically download stuff at home and bring it in on a flash drive.

That doesn't work for the new update process

Gcode when did they release it I did not see an email?

I have no idea.TK-32 said the SP1 update page popped up when he launched X7.

There are only 2 ways that could happen

1. CNC went live with SP1

2. Someone gave TK the secret recipe

Maybe I'm beta and don't know it.

Whohoo!!

XXL shirt please!!

and I could use a couple mouse pads.

Thank you.

:harhar:

P.S. I think they pulled the plug. It's not auto vaccinating anymore.

you may be jacked.. it thinks you're already updated

All,

Sorry I'm behind a bit here but we did remove the testing requirement for SP1 so it is now available to the general user base. We did email resellers on this, forgot to include the beta testers. Sorry! The official announcement of SP1 will be made via the normal media outlets on Monday. The update is available through the update process now. It will also be available via the products page of the website on Monday.

Now as far as where the download ends up via the update manager - c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Mastercam X7 [where <UserName> is your PC login name]. this same location with have the update service log file and the update service readme.

The file name would be one of the following based on your OS.

mastercamX7-sp1-x64.exe

mastercamX7-sp1-x86.exe

I apologize for not getting a posting up sooner and for forgetting to include the beta testers on the release email.

Just D/L the update. Usb tether from phone to puter about 5 min.

Happy to report that Toolpath Transform NOW WORKS Yay!!! :fun:

Verify seems to be working much smoother meow.

I tried that.. but when I got the internet working from my cell phone it broke my connection to the company network

and our Nethasp.. and the update won't run without a valid hasp :laughing: