Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ok Cnc Software Geeks: Mach Sim Lathe needs

tsaladyga

Please stop shoving useless features into the manufacturing side of the software, keep it in the edu version where it belongs. machine sim should be left to the experts that actually read the G code. It's a huge waste of time and does nothing for shop floor productivity.

Hi Rick :welcome:

:rant on:

MachSIM IS a complete waste of the time, energy and resources SORELY needed for adressing BUGS, you know, those pesky things we've been reporting for years yet rarely seem to get fixed.

:rant off:

:rant:

I too am a loyal user, some may even say a fanboi, but this kind of stuff is frustrating to say the least. Every release we see new stuff while bugs continue to go unfixed, often times for YEARS! That hurts. I go through phases where I submit a bunch of stuff, then stop because it's like "why bother". At least the the QC folks are great, at least form them I get the sense they genuinely care. I love talking with them, but it seems like once it goes back to development; where the primmadonna's live, that's where our input dies. To you developers if you are reading this, to you I say "suck it up buttercup, get over yourself. You need to fix this $#!+ !!!!!"

A friend compared Mastercam to BlackBerry. :rofl::crybaby:

That was a fantastic analogy. Sad but true. Once a titan, top of the technological game, now relegated to has-been status. For those wondering, I just got a new BlackBerry Q10. Ive got to ride the tactile keyboard as long as I can because they may be going the way of the dinosaur and I LOATHE pure touchscreen phones. As with my BB, I'm not kicking MC out of my toolbox... just yet anyway.

It's the filter between Mastercam and a shinny parts. Check out their channel on YouTube

ROUR! :)

James: Well spoken. The QC people, and those at the coal face are great. Really helpful and knowledgeable. As for the management (can't quote on the development staff, as I only ever met one), well, 'nuff said. I've had enough experience there to pass my own judgement.

I'm a long term user, and I've carried the MC flag for a long long time, but in the last 18 months, my loyalty has been severely tested... That flag is getting tattered and is falling off the pole.

Vericut? Is that some fancy editor? :)

^^^PAH!

Simple little job like that you just want a siemens lathe with shopturn. Great verification and you'd be cutting metal before you've added a manual entry op and fired up the 5axis verify engine...

It is on a DMG lathe (POS) with Siemens Shop Turn...

I did not know you could cut a helical slot though?