Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X7 MU1 is released

We have just released Mastercam X7 MU1. It can be downloaded either through the Mastercam Update Manager or directly, from Mastercam.com by clicking the link on the Mastercam X7 downloads page.

Mastercam X7 MU1 version and maintenance date information:

• The Mastercam.exe version number is 16.1.2.71. (Note: This is the same version as the Beta PC build. So if you already have that installed, you do not need to re-install.)
  • This release will NOT expire and the maintenance date is 10/31/13
    • (If X7 maintenance expires on or before October 30th, X7 MU1 CANNOT be run)
    • (If X7 maintenance expires on October 31st or later, X7 MU1 CAN be run)

Installation:

• Update Manager:
    • The Update Manager will verify:
      1. Your maintenance expiration date is valid.

2. You are running Mastercam X7 SP2.
        • If you are not, it will prompt you to install X7 SP2.

[*]Once the SP2 installation is complete, you must run the Update Manager again to install the MU1 update.

Note: For those running a localized version of Mastercam, the update mechanism will not worked as described above and instead take you to your local resellers website or the Mastercam downloads page.
  • Manual downloads:
    • Manual downloads are complete installations that can be installed on top of any Mastercam X7 release or as a standalone installation.

We would also like to thank everyone that participated in the beta cycle. Your feedback and suggestions were helpful and appreciated.

I tried using Update Manager. Now whenever I try to open Mastercam it crashes. This is on a new computer I just built last week. I am the administrator and have full privileges.

I decided to completely uninstall Mastercam and download the full version of MU1. Now whenever I doubleclick the Mastercam icon nothing happens at all. I checked the Mastercam folders and Mastercam didn't create the "my mcamx7" folder. It did create the "shared mcamx7" folder, but its empty. Anyone have any ideas while I wait on my VAR to figure this out?

Wow, you were right!

I disabled Avast and everything is fine.

Thank you guys for the help.

did you have to reinstall??

the my mcamx7 folder gets built the first time a user launches X7

so I'm guessing Avast was preventing X7 from writing to the mymcamx7 folder

^^ AND THE LIST BEGINS ^ :cheers:

Did the install as a new install and then it did the nethasp shuffle so i dropped a .ini file in the main x7 folder and the shared x7 folder and my x7 folder and then away we go . It looks Good People now my 3d Conex mouse works with the buttons on the view display settings just like it should . So thats fixed. Also it did a funny thing to a file i was just using before the install. It removed some small radius'si had on a part profile for a rectangle that had .015 rads on the corners and when i opened it up to run the first sim test in x7 mu1 it had a funny toolpath that made me lok for the error of its ways. so Far thats it. but no biggy the simulator fixes look pretty good .Thanks To all at CNC and others who did this update, Good work Guys

:guitar:

I'm having a problem with the update. Everytime I render an endmill pass, it blows threw the walls of my part any help here

and this is a problem with the update?

Somehow I rather doubt that, got a file to share?

I loaded up X7 MU1 today.

I am very pleased that some of my issues were addressed.

Now that the tolerances can be saved i changed them to what I had in X6 and did a little Pepsi-challenge with the same part in x6 and x7.

I dont know if this is a tolerance issue that I set, but I have played around with the different values and it doesnt seem to help.

The x7 verified image shows +/- stock in different areas where the x6 showed that it was perfect everywhere.

Also, this verifier is painfully slow. I ran x6 against x7 and x7 was easily three to four times slower than x6.

post-49517-0-14947300-1386111666_thumb.png

post-49517-0-48082500-1386111675_thumb.png