Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X7 MU1 is released

Updated to MU1 yesterday, and yesterday had 2 programs that fail to retract and rapid straight through cavity wall/upstanding core.

Files attached. Not too happy... :no

are you saying the posted gcode failed to retract, or, it's failing to retract in backplot/verify?

I loaded up X7 MU1 today.

I am very pleased that some of my issues were addressed.

Now that the tolerances can be saved i changed them to what I had in X6 and did a little Pepsi-challenge with the same part in x6 and x7.

I dont know if this is a tolerance issue that I set, but I have played around with the different values and it doesnt seem to help.

The x7 verified image shows +/- stock in different areas where the x6 showed that it was perfect everywhere.

Also, this verifier is painfully slow. I ran x6 against x7 and x7 was easily three to four times slower than x6.

You will have to zoom into those areas and compare to get an accurate comparison or you can bump your precision factor to 5 or 6 with the precision slider all the way up and try that. It will be slow but will give you a more accurate full part compare.

Starting to remember why I don't install the "latest and greatest" MC updates when they come out. Installed X7 last week but the Verify crashes made me so angry that I went back to the earlier version. Was looking forward to the MU1 update but now I'm not so sure.

I use MC to make parts that make my company $$$. I don't have time to d!ck around with new versions of software and try and find workarounds for things that worked fine on the earlier versions.

/rant. I miss V9 :harhar:

are you saying the posted gcode failed to retract, or, it's failing to retract in backplot/verify?

Bit of both...

Ran the red backplot in an afternoon rush to get out the door, next morning, broken cutter and a job that needs welding.

The green backplot is different, it only fails to retract once. I also ran it the same afternoon but seems it did retract during machining.

Bit of both...

Ran the red backplot in an afternoon rush to get out the door, next morning, broken cutter and a job that needs welding.

The green backplot is different, it only fails to retract once. I also ran it but it the same afternoon but seems it did retract during machining.

Have you seen this

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=75659#entry892286

I have another problem that I am hoping someone can confirm isn't isolated to my computer. When I drag geometry from one operation to another I no longer get a prompt to either add or replace. Mastercam now defaults to add. I only used replace before so this is very annoying and dangerous. I missed it the first time and could not figure out why I had so many duplicate toolpaths.

By the way my VAR just gave me Jim's contact info and has asked me to forward my other problems to him.

Thanks!

I have another problem that I am hoping someone can confirm isn't isolated to my computer. When I drag geometry from one operation to another I no longer get a prompt to either add or replace. Mastercam now defaults to add. I only used replace before so this is very annoying and dangerous. I missed it the first time and could not figure out why I had so many duplicate toolpaths.

By the way my VAR just gave me Jim's contact info and has asked me to forward my other problems to him.

Thanks!

this has been changed to be Windows compliant,

hold down the right click to drag and drop geometry between operations

I looked for this in What's New file and couldn't find it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...