Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 MU1 verify: cuts disappear on rotation

ktechdan

Perhaps a setting could be added to the ini file so the user

could set it to suit his preferences??

If the precision or complexity is high enough to exceed some adjustible measure of responsiveness, it would be wonderful for animation to pause and resume automatically with view rotation, but the cut rendering should never be obscured by original stock; that is way too distracting.

Ktechdan,what kind of video card do you have? Just wondering,cause we have x7 mu1 in 2 boxes.

One box has a radeon card and is behaving like yours.and the other has a quadro card and its not doing

What my radeon card is doing.we didn't verify the same parts but both pretty complex.but i just read a comment that

This was done on purpose.tomorrow i'm going to verify same part on both computers and see what happens.

Im only seeing this on the verify.not in the old or new backplot.

If you're talking about the original stock obscuring the cut part render, the difference between the two video cards is only due to their performance capabilities. It was said before that X7 MU1 produces this behavior intentionally when responsiveness drops below a 5ms threshold. The nVidia card is probably more powerful or there is some other consideration causing the ATI card to exceed that threshold.

Ken He has 2 videos one in verify and the other in backplot.any ways,so today i checked both computers with the same part file,

And now their both doing as ktechdan showed in his verify video.confusing, then i open the file that ran verify ok with the quadro card

Yesterday and now its also doing what shows on ktechdans video. Weird.

Ken He has 2 videos one in verify and the other in backplot.any ways,so today i checked both computers with the same part file,

And now their both doing as ktechdan showed in his verify video.confusing, then i open the file that ran verify ok with the quadro card

Yesterday and now its also doing what shows on ktechdans video. Weird.

When you tried it yesterday, you were probably moving more slowly or something. This is all related to the time it takes for a new frame to render when repositioning the viewport. If it takes longer than 5ms, you don't don't get to see what's happening and then have to wait for it to render when you're done.

[if you] hire 150 of the smartest people on the planet and make your own software then you can say whatever you want... Do they make you and only you happy or they do their best to make a overall best product that does what it can for everyone?

Awesome I did not know you were working for CNC Software. Got anymore things we agreed upon you can share? :D

I am talking about a serious usability problem, and you keep getting defensive. We're in this together; our goal should be to make Mastercam as useful and efficient as possible.

If you disagree with me, say so, and we can talk. Attitudes like this make people like me not want to contribute to the community.

Attitudes like this well guess what your comments just got broadcasted to the whole world by a person who hates me and my family. He hates other people on this board and their families. You want to know why he hates us? Because we use Mastercam. I make a very good living using the software as a tool to do my job. You came into this thread negative and bashing. Food for the person set out to destroy anyone who is making a living using Mastercam. I have no issues with what you see as terrible and nasty change to the software. I like it and wanted it. That is the thing about people we are different. You did not know what to say because it was changed meant in a negative way. I am happy they are considering performance changes that allow me to take 300mb files and process them faster. I needed these changes and happy to see them. People who do not like them think they suck. Who wins here the person on his personal Jihad against Mastercam and those that can make a living using the software. This board is left open and even if it were closed there are those that feed him stuff from this board. I have customers who come to this board and when so whack job is telling the world I am stupid for using Mastercam and ignorant for not using something else I take offense to that. When people I know get called out by name by this whack job I take offense to that. You were given a person response by a person I have tons of respect for at CNC Software. That is awesome, but what you consider a useability problem I see as a perfect thing I have wanted for years. Guess what there are real people who make his software and guess what they care to make the best product possible. You have been on this board for 26 posting how many have been helpful to others? How many have been negative and complaining? What does your dealer say about these issues? You do not like it you got an answer from CNC move on. Look to my other threads and over a decade of helping people on this board and you will see I am only responding to your direction.

• Like 1

I have seen some admirable posts by you and harbor no ill will towards you or Jon Banquer. If that is who you were referring to, I do not think he hates Mastercam users or their families. He, like myself and many other people, is frustrated by the decisions and pathologies responsible for bugs and inconsistencies in Mastercam. As I've said before, we are all in this together. I understand why Mr Banquer's approach is offensive to some people, but there is nothing to gain from emotional rhetoric.

To answer your question, my dealer has yet to respond to the message I sent before creating this thread. This is why I am here, and I appreciate the help and attention I've received.

Thank you all.

What reasons is there to mention people by name that person does? He it trying to destroy in a very hateful way. A lot of us are single income families and when he limits my ability or others abilities to make a living he affects my and those peoples families. There is no reason for all the stupid crap he does, yet he does it. You see this as terrible and I see it as needed. Who is correct? Neither of us. That is where personal use effects how we use the tool. I have seen people use Micrometers as C-Clamps. That is not the correct use for it in my opinion. I think that is very very bad use of a tool. They see it as needed use and use what they have to get the job done. Does that get the job done yes or no? Yes. Has this changed stopped production in your company and made Mastercam completely unusable? I say no, but by the postings in this thread I see it as a yes you see it that way. I am sure anyone who runs a company can have anyone call some of their decisions wrong that is the thing about perspective. I am not seeing it as product ending and your words are coming across very strongly like it is.