Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need Machining Video

levelh

I teach a college course in Mastercam 2D. Since it's a beginning class, a lot of my students have no experience with the concept of CNC. We do not machine in this class and it's very difficult to get across the idea of tooling. Is there any source out there that I could get a video tape of actual CNC machine operations. It wouldn't have to be a tutorial, but just a demonstration of CNC machining a part.

Thanks

levelh,

Some tool and machine manufacturers offer "demo" videos of their products that you might be able to use. In the back of American Machinist, they used to have advertisements for their brochures and videos. You would circle the approriate number on the postcard and mail it in. I got a bunch of the videos when I first got in the trade. Sandvik, Haas, Bridgeport EZ Track are a few that come to mind. They were short (10-15 minute) videos that showed their machine or cutting tools in action. Best of all, they were FREE! wink.gif Does this sound like something you could use?

Thad

[ 10-12-2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Thad ]

levelh, if you are in Anahiem, you are one of my customers. Give me a call at (310)429-7095 and I should be able to hook you up with some video. One of our part-time sales people has been doing some stuff along those lines at his school, and I've been kinda sorta looking for a reason to do it where I teach.

If you want, I might could make some arrangements for a field trip for your class, too. Or at least put you in touch with some other MasterCAM teachers in your area that have CNC machines avalible. Give me a call and we'll see what we can do.

Have you tried using CAMTASIA - Absolutely brilliant - I'm using it for remote tech support to get a point across.

Make small recordings specific and to the point and you will see the benifit on your first support issue.

I could put up an example if anyone is interested.

Regards

Karl Oram

• 1 year later...

hi guys

can any one do me a faver by leading me to the linkes or the name of the videos which taking a bout work in or out FTP ( not video the take about fun or some thing not useful ) because i started to be crazy of the FTP site

the problem that i had dial up 56 kb and i tried to download many videos but they was taking about fun by that i wasted alot of time

thank you