Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Reselecting drill points

kccadcam

Does anybody else have this problem?? :pc:

We do a family of parts that each typically has approx. 9500 holes.

If I go to the drill point manager and click reselect points, it can take up to 15 minutes (!!!) to clear the points so I can reselect them.

(I am selecting .026 dia. arcs)

This is in X6MU3 or X7MU2, no difference.

Wow.. just tried that.. that's really re-producible.. I think you should really report this as a bug.. since there is no good reason for it to do that.. I even tried just reselect all and choosing one point hoping maybe that would work but it does the same thing..

I was shocked to see it push my cpu to 20 percent and hang mastercam .. anyhow looks like for now only do that when your ready to go grab a coffee or lunch or something..

• 2 months later...

I take it you didn't like any of the ideas that we gave you.

Turning off the point sorting before reselecting or deleting points does NOT help.

I'm now experimenting with saving the ops, importing them and re-selecting them as suggested by rocheey1.

Wow, I saw this post the first time around but hadn't tried that until today.

Created 10,000 points and selected them in a drill toolpath. Everything was fine until I tried the to reselect them. My rig clock in right at 10 minutes to deselect the original points.

Sorry, I don't have a solution that would be any different than what others have already suggested.

What about selecting the arcs using mask on arc, but selecting as zones?

make a grid of points or arcs (doesn't matter which) try about 10000.

select all for drilling, turn on whatever point sorting you like, create toolpath.

Now,,,, go back into drill point manager and try to reselect the points.............. :wallbash:

You could probably create a new drilling toolpath, select any arbitrary point on the screen to drill, then copy that one point to your 10,000 point drill op and "replace," Now, "re-select all"...all in less than 15 seconds.

10.5 points per second on average... not too, too bad.

What I've done in cases where I have, shall we say computationally challenging quantities of data, I've just deleted the data and then reselect.

Thad's idea is pretty good too.