Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STL is even more horible

oneyankfan1

At least some people can beta test here. Myself and our company are in a perfect position to do so, with a wide variety of machine tools, and I have a lot of experience with the software. The last few requests have been plainly ignored.

Thanks to some mindless politics and ignorance by some who could do better, it is something that I will probably not be able to do again :(

Mick - this is a big loss to BETA if you want to test but aren't. Can't you ignore your dealer and email CNC direct with a request?

Gcode is a busy guy, give him a break

Newbeeeeeeeeeeee, Your reseller sets you up

Directly with CNC.

At least that is how InHouse did it with me, for the brief

Time I was doing it.

Rickstrap (I've been itching to say that :hrhr:) - yes my reseller set us up as well.

But I read it that Mick doesn't have much luck with his reseller anymore, so meant that he should try direct with CNC if that's the case.

:cheers:

Rickstrap (I've been itching to say that :hrhr:) - yes my reseller set us up as well.

But I read it that Mick doesn't have much luck with his reseller anymore, so meant that he should try direct with CNC if that's the case.

:cheers:

I'll Strap you!!!!...LOL

Funny thing is you fill out the wavier then it is approved by CNC and access

is granted directly from them. So maybe his reseller hasn't even sent it in.

I've recommended Mick as a beta site twice.

There are issues with Mick's dealer that cannot

be posted here due to eMC TOS.

Mick would be a valuable beta site, particularly in the mill/turn arena.

CNC chooses not to take advantage of that and there is nothing to be done.

It's their loss.

Gcode is a busy guy, give him a break

Newbeeeeeeeeeeee, Your reseller sets you up

Directly with CNC.

At least that is how InHouse did it with me, for the brief

Time I was doing it.

My comment wasn't directed at Gcode.

Wow, someone didn't take their little pink happy pill this morning. Just to make it clear that is a figure of speech. :sofa:

LOL. Sorry. It was just in reading some of this thread, it made me realise what even when you try to the best for some, it is the squeaky whiney wheel that gets results, and not the committed. It kind of set me off. Rick is right about the Beta testers. It takes a ton of effort. I beta test for other CAM related software, and it takes a lot of resources, and faith. Thankfully, I have the resources to be able to test without time pressures. My employer is very generous like that.

gcode made it clear on my situation, and I wont detail anything, due to respect of the TOC of this site. I have a ton, make that SEVERAL tons of respect for many people on this site, especially gcode. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Vericut VUE, and even had lunch (mmm, Mexican...) with him and his wife the day before I was due to fly back home. I count him as one of my friends in this field. It surprises me that he hasn't been cut off himself because of that. LOL.

I have been that tempted to take up a position in CA, just to get out of the mess down here, believe me. I'm a pretty committed individual, but my efforts are really in vain nowdays.

• Like 2

Beta testers dont get paid by CNC Software right? I mean most of us are under dead lines and must have all of our time accounted for (at least I do). So either beat testers have the most awesome bosses in the world or they do it on their free time, but it seems like a pretty thankless situation right off the bat. The simplistic view is that they work out the bugs of the software so CNC dosent have to hire an army of individuals to do the same work in house. Maybe I'm wrong but, I think CNC shoulkd pay beta testers or come up with a procedure for testing new releases in house. I personally dont work for free and beta testing seem like a TON of work! This in no way is aimed at putting anyone down, just an observation, imo.

LOL. Sorry. It was just in reading some of this thread, it made me realise what even when you try to the best for some, it is the squeaky whiney wheel that gets results, and not the committed. It kind of set me off. Rick is right about the Beta testers. It takes a ton of effort. I beta test for other CAM related software, and it takes a lot of resources, and faith. Thankfully, I have the resources to be able to test without time pressures. My employer is very generous like that.

gcode made it clear on my situation, and I wont detail anything, due to respect of the TOC of this site. I have a ton, make that SEVERAL tons of respect for many people on this site, especially gcode. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Vericut VUE, and even had lunch (mmm, Mexican...) with him and his wife the day before I was due to fly back home. I count him as one of my friends in this field. It surprises me that he hasn't been cut off himself because of that. LOL.

I have been that tempted to take up a position in CA, just to get out of the mess down here, believe me. I'm a pretty committed individual, but my efforts are really in vain nowdays.

I couldn't agree with you more. Although I have never meet gcode I have a ton of respect for him. He has always been one of the first people to jump in and help. He has helped me by both answering my questions and those of others on here. I would love to take that position at his company just for the chance to learn from him.

To the op:

scam

skam/

noun

informal

•  
    1. a dishonest scheme; a fraud.
    "an insurance scam"

synonyms:
    , fraudulent scheme,
    ;
    More

verb

• Like 1

I couldn't agree with you more. Although I have never meet gcode I have a ton of respect for him. He has always been one of the first people to jump in and help. He has helped me by both answering my questions and those of others on here. I would love to take that position at his company just for the chance to learn from him.

To the op:

scam

skam/

noun

informal

•  
    1. a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

"an insurance scam"

synonyms:
    , fraudulent scheme,
    ;
    More

verb

Ok word cop.

A figure of speech is a word or phrase that has a meaning something different than its literal meaning. It can be a metaphor or simile that is designed to further explain a concept. Or, it can be a different way of pronouncing a word or phrase such as with alliteration to give further meaning or a different sound.

One Yank you are 1000% so off the far end of your own ideas it is not even funny. I can put my name on over 50 things in the software that have helped people like yourself do your job better. That is plenty enough thanks for me. Your tag line tells me all I need to know about you. I have personally worked side by side with Gcode and could never ask for a better person IMHO. When I almost died last year he prayed he could carry my burdens on him and came up puking sick the next day. You have a valid point about a problem with the software, but your tone through out most of your topics is one of meanness and full of hate from my observations. I seen your name come up to the topic and did not even bother to respond because I knew where this thread was headed right off the bat. We all drink the Mastercam Koolaide I think was one of your smartbutt remarks. We are all under pressure and we all have jobs to do. I scrapped a $50K part earlier this year and just scrapped a $10k part this week. Think I am happy about that? We all have our frustrations and stress of life, but wither you realize it or not you come across very hostile in your responses. Uninstall MU2 and go back to what got the job done, plain and simple.

I wish you all the best in your perfect glass house you live in, but guess what when you go living in a glass house it best not to give your neighbors rocks to throw at your house telling them to throw them and not expect the glass to break.

• Like 2

First off I'm sorry about your troubles Millman, that being said, my own idea was for the stl to work, thats it, sorry for being so "outrageous". My tag line comes from that hateful, mean, and close minded individual - Benjamin Franklin. So if that tells you everything about me, I'll take that as a compliment. There was no hateful tones untill GCODE started being rude. If he is such a loving and humane person why would he lead with THE VERY FIRST hateful remark of "Ignorance is bliss" thats not very polite to say to strangers. My in-laws are very devout christians and never treat people that way. I knew when i started this thread people were going to say "use a stock model" thats why I underlined I didnt want to use a stock model - not to be hateful, and I think the glass house analogy needs to pointed at the ones attacking me, I can handle criticism, but why critique the fact I didnt want to use a stock model? When I was a machinist I thought programmers had a "god complex" and were very thinned skined (which some guys in my programming dept. still are that way in general) and its seems the ratio still rings true here. You guys ignore the fact that Gcode was rude first - NO ONE WANTS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, or the fact if I had that inital response to him you all would still pile on me. I just wanted to put the stl on the forum ang get general feed back. The root cause was GCODES phrase, that caused offense but I guess I'm to blame for that too. I'm not saying Im better than anyone else, although that is what I got from GCODE with his response. I'm not the best programmer in the world, and there are plenty on here that could teach me alot, but I'm not "ignorant" or green. To get respect you must first give it and I was NEVER disrespectful to ANYONE FIRST, I wasnt raised that way. You all get out of this what you want, but at least put everyone on the same plain before forming opinions, dont just say "well he hasnt been on the form for a decade - HES AN IDIOT!"

No sir you are full of it. You started off the topic looking to pick a fight by this very line.

I dont feel like i need to be force feed the stock model scam because CNC Software keeps making the STL quality worse, I use these as simple visual aids for my setup sheets.

He responded to your one sentence this way.

ignorance is bliss :laughing:

See the smile he was laughing at this sentence about you being ignorant to how you used the word SCAM not that you are ignorant like you took it.

Kept it going with this one.

Ignorance is just accepting what you are given without questioning anything, like a hurd of cattle.

Were asking so very nice here as well:

The real question is why are you hell bent against a simple stl process?

And he was so respectful as well.

you seem to want to force feed stock models on people that WANT stl's. WHATS THE PROBLEM?

Last time I check caps was yelling!!!! But that is respectful.

Would you think people would want to do business with your company or you if someone was going around talking about the work you do is a scam? Hell no they would not but you want to be a craphead and start it that way and then expect everyone to treat you with kit gloves. You came into this thread looking for a fight plain and simple. Maybe how you were raised calling people scammer is a good thing. It is not an enduring term, and where I am from that pisses people off plain and simple. Scam is an insult and you know it. Own up to that crap and he can call you out about it plain and simple. That does show a certain level of ignorance thinking you did not start off hostile. Next time I go to buy something from someone I will be sure to ask them what kind of scam they are running and see how well that take it since you seem to think it okay to start threads that way.

Oh by the way the $50K part I scrapped was for Gcode's company and yes he still wanted me to go work there so judge him all you want from your glass house, but I know the man personally and so grow the hell up and be a man and own to the fact you need to learn some respect.

• Like 2

WOW you are a hot head. The problems started with the first post not gcode's first post. I will give you a piece of advise that will help everywhere not just here. Don't start of so bellicose and you will get a far better response.

No sir you are full of it. You started off the topic looking to pick a fight by this very line.

He responded to your one sentence this way.

See the smile he was laughing at this sentence about you being ignorant to how you used the word SCAM not that you are ignorant like you took it.

Kept it going with this one.

Were asking so very nice here as well:

And he was so respectful as well.

Last time I check caps was yelling!!!! But that is respectful.

Would you think people would want to do business with your company or you if someone was going around talking about the work you do is a scam? Hell no they would not but you want to be a craphead and start it that way and then expect everyone to treat you with kit gloves. You came into this thread looking for a fight plain and simple. Maybe how you were raised calling people scammer is not an enduring term, but where I am from that pisses people off plain and simple. Scam is an insult and you know it own up to that crap and he can call you out about it plain and simple. That does show a certain level of ignorance thinking you did not start off hostile. Nest time I go to buy something from someone I will be sure to ask them what kind of scam they are running and see how well that take it since you seem to think it okay to start threads that way.

Oh by the way the $50K part I scrapped was for Gcode's company and yes he still wanted me to go work there so judge him all you want from your glass house, but I know the man personally and so grow the hell up and be a man and own to the fact you need to learn some respect.

First off I'm twice the man you are! I am married 12 years and have two kids, and talke care of them all. I get along with MOST everyone. Not to mention I'm 6'9'' 330 pounds and none of you would say that to my face!

Alot of this seems to be how people take things. huh? Well where I'm from its - dont start nothin - wont be nothing, and what he said started it thats how I took it, maybe people talk like that to you everyday but not me. (smiley icon give me a break.)Last time I checked you guys were beta testers offering your work as charity to CNC. oh sorry cnc. If you dont want to hear about the items you missed while doing beta testing like the multipass (which i found) on the new swarf then dont come on here. Otherwise get a paycheck that says CNC Softwre on the top so you can have some room to complain, you dont see them on here going off, you all need a reality check tell your "friends" to hook you up with free software or even 50% off oh wait that would be your reseller! How was I looking for a fight? Did any of you create the stock model function? Better yet did any of you ruin the stl merging? I dont think so. So how is the phrase scam pointed at you? Which was a figure of speech (lighten up). Oh and you contract for his company? Better not bite the hand that feeds you! You guys are like the skull and bones secret society. What is everyone on here in cahoots with everyone else? Is there independant thought anywhere? I can buy and use mastercam with or without both of you so lets start fact checking that. I work in a large department with many programmers and dont need this forum for help, I come on here as a last resort, to notify you guys about problems, or to notify CNC, its supposed to be all of us together but you guys get butt hurt too easily. I've even gotten messages on the side from a few people (specifically 3) that have said speaking the truth will get you banned on this site. Now I see they are right, so let me be a good sheep and be quiet

You want to talk about ignorance - start off by reading something that says "I DO NOT WANT TO USE A STOCK MODEL FOR THIS" then sugest using a stock model.

You are the ones that need to grow up, and quit acting like high school girls that got felt up at the movies.

WOW you are a hot head. The problems started with the first post not gcode's first post. I will give you a piece of advise that will help everywhere not just here. Don't start of so bellicose and you will get a far better response.

I'll keep that in mind the next time YOU personaly release a maintenance update.

You are twice the man I am in size and if you think I am scared get real. I have had my butt whipped before your size does not scare me sir.

You might be twice the man I am in size, but I have a family and 4 kids we just lost our 4 last week due to a miscarriage. I have not got another Job out of his company for the mistake I made and call it what you need to make you feel better.

He still tried to help you and sorry you do not want to use stock model, he and others were trying to give you a different way to look at it. Plain and simple. You have come into this forum every time just to complain and not help which is what you are about you just admitted it. You don't need our help you already know everything.

I work in a large department with many programmers and dont need this forum for help, I come on here as a last resort, to notify you guys about problems, or to notify CNC, its supposed to be all of us together but you guys get butt hurt too easily.

Last time I checked helping others was taking time out of your life to do something for no reward it is called unselfishness. I can complain with the best of them. Ask anyone at CNC about my complaints, but please show me where you have taken the time on a regular bases and helped people on this forum. I feel bad for you that you cannot see it I really do and maybe it is your size that makes you that way since you felt the need to point that out.

BTW way I am 5'10" and 190lbs if that makes you feel like even a bigger man than me.

You are twice the man I am in size and if you think I am scared get real. I have had my butt whipped before your size does not scare me sir.

You might be twice the man I am in size, but I have a family and 4 kids we just lost our 4 last week due to a miscarriage. I have not got another Job out of his company for the mistake I made and call it what you need to make you feel better.

He still tried to help you and sorry you do not want to use stock model, he and others were trying to give you a different way to look at it. Plain and simple. You have come into this forum every time just to complain and not help which is what you are about you just admitted it. You don't need our help you already know everything.

Last time I checked helping others was taking time out of your life to do something for no reward it is called unselfishness. I can complain with the best of them. Ask anyone at CNC about my complaints, but please show me where you have taken the time on a regular bases and helped people on this forum. I feel bad for you that you cannot see it I really do and maybe it is your size that makes you that way since you felt the need to point that out.

BTW way I am 5'10" and 190lbs if that makes you feel like even a bigger man than me.

Answer me a simple question how did he try to help me? Oh "ignorance is bliss" well I'll get right on top of that thanks for the fix! You guys are peas in a pod, have fun sitting around doing math together at lunch.