Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Mastercam on Ebay Again

robk

Gee, now why didn't I think of that - I have a couple of dead seats of Pro/E to sell...

hmmmm.. could probably get more than 1600 for them too! But then the lawsuit/charges that would follow will probably wipe that out.

Oh well back on the shelf they go... along with solution 3000, ADX, CAMAND. They do pile up after a while.

What no takers. I mean come on it is such a great deal. I know you are not worried about that breaking the agreement thing that says you only have the right to use Mastercam and not sell it. I can't imagine anyone would really care. I tell you what you dont say nothing I want say nothing. I also heard it comes with free posts for every machine ever made at no extra cost. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Crazy Millman

Fairness doesn’t matter when you don’t make the rules. What would happen if you bough out a company that owned a license?

Hmm now I have to think. How did I enter MC on the books? Was it set up as an asset or an expense? If I don’t own it has to be an expense so it cant be depreciated. Did I use any of my Section 179 allowance on it? Guess I would file an amended 2002 return to save a few large.

Calling the CPA in the morning.

John

again, no idea about software, but when you buy it, you bought a copy, not the "software developing",you're not buying a "share" of the company, although you can sell that too. the software will continue growing, you just bought a tool to help you to draw and machine something, you buy a car to get around, a house to live in, food to feed yourself, etc...

you don't want something?...you sell it, give it away or trash it, but before trash it if you can make a buck you will do it...right?..

hummm, weird.

just me. confused.gif

A while back, I worked for a company that was closing down their manufacturing operations and moving out of the country. They owned about $150K

worth of software including Mastercam, Hypermill, Autocad, Solidworks etc. They wanted me to sell it all and get some of their money back. I spent a couple of days on the phone trying.

The policy for reselling a software lisence

is pretty much the same through out the industry.

You cannot legally sell a software license. You did not buy the software, merely the rights to use it.

You might get someone to buy your SIM from you, but they will not be able to get support or upgrades and they may have turn the SIM in.

Some software companies will transfer a lisense for a fee, if you buy 100% of the assets of a company. By the terms of the lisense agreement, they don't have to, and that works on a case by case basis.