Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dear CNC, Horizontal (remachining)

Rick, I'm in a mold shop as well and I don't remember the last time I programmed a part without using a dynamic style tool path. For your part above try OptiCore. That is my go to path 90% of the time for roughing, on both steel and graphite.

Well, you've got enough time to come here and b*tch about horizontal remachining! :harhar:

Dang your old man. Lol, means laugh out loud!

Thanks for lightening up though. Just when

We were getting used of the new serious and

Cranky Thad. :cheers:

I like the way this thread Is developing.

I'll check for a file that I can post and anyone

wanting to put some example paths

Of dynamic milling against them I would greatly

Appreciate it.

Now back to my day off...... Gramming at home

"@&$#%^* <----- Thad that's the opposite of Lol..... Lol

Hmmmm, I haven't had a crash in months. You might want to look at your video card drivers or other computer related items.

Carmen

I agree with that. If you you have a brain dead IT department that set you up with ATI/AMD cards instead of Nvidia, then crashes and allllllllllllll sorts of goofy things are frequent. You can't tell the IT guy anything it seems. I have a brand new $5000 16 core pc with 2 ATI/AMD cards and 16gig ram that runs like crap. But, on my old Dual Core 2gig ram HP 20.1" Dragon Laptop with Nvidia, I have nearly no problems.