Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wondering . . .

Jaws

I have not had many posts to paste, but browsing the site often gives me the impression that the site is in a way very "restrictive" and "limited". Am I right?

I mean, can we talk about other human/humane issues?!

After all, life is not all just Mastercam, be it version 8 or 9.

One might say, if you want to talk about US aggression in Iraq, there are other forums out there for that. But, what if I would like to know what my fellow machinist think about these kind of issues, which are indeed very serious and engaging.

In a nutshell, I don't find this place very "democratic". Maybe it's just me, but this has been my impression so far.

Your thoughts?!

smile.gif

Hi, I am coming to this site to talk about Mastercam, this site was created for this reson.

there is a lot of sites talk about all other things.

I think keeping this site for Mastercam issu what make it speacial. and I think 90% of people who visit this site want to read or ask something about Mastercam.

Jaws,

Can we also talk about tag team championship scrabble? wink.gif

In all seriousness, this forum was designed to help the MasterCam community with questions about the software. While it sometimes heads into other waters, its purpose is to discuss issues relating to MasterCam.

Think of the eMastercam Forum as a break room. There's lots of people around who will talk about their work, but watercooler-conversations also happen. That's the way I see things working here. Next time you talking to your collegues and you want to change the subject with a "see the game last night" kind of topic, make sure to tell them it's "O/T" before you start. That would be funny wink.gif

quote:

In a nutshell, I don't find this place very "democratic". Maybe it's just me, but this has been my impression so far.

Jaws,

Whether this place seems 'democratic' or not,the very first thing I come here for is help,and to help others. smile.gif

Without this place,many of times I woulda been "screwed".

Any 'outside topics' IMO are just to break it up a little bit,and are 2nd. on my list.

When it comes to being helped here,I don't see

anything 'non-democratic' with this place. cheers.gif

This is the only place that I know,you can post a problem,and in 15 minutes (or less)have 5 different people (who don't know you personally mind you)dying to help you out!

I call it PriceLess

Well Jaws that is what the IRC is for. I want to talk about those thing I will go there. I really like being able ot coem to this place to get advice and share knowlegde with others about Mastercam. If you look at the powder Keg that is going on right now with one O/T topic you can see where if that is all we talked about why would we need a Mastercam forum. You want views and Ideas about thing that is cool no probelm just strat a thread but to say it should be is a horse of a different color. We are all professionals here and if it truns in to a freaking political hotbed chat room well I got better things to do with my time than that to be honest with you.

Crazy Millman

quote:

very "restrictive" and "limited". Am I right?

I don't agree. do a search for O/T and see all the off topics that pop up..

There is all kinds of none mastercam conversations here every day..

Is there some thing you want to talk about specific Besides mastercam?

I take you have the mastercam side figuerd out so you want to talk politics instead?

I am just trying to see were you are going with this question, by what do you want to see here?

quote:

if you want to talk about US aggression in Iraq, there are other forums out there for that. But, what if I would like to know what my fellow machinist think about these kind of issues, which are indeed very serious and engaging.

Better instead of politics talk a bit about woman.

We all different and what we have common is Mastercam and that we all are hard working man ,

who love our wives ,children ,families ,relatives ,friends and our countries !

I will never take the part in discussion of such

a sort .

It stinks !

I also don`t appreciate your understanding of democracy as a right to say anything you want .

I am radically right in politics and I don`t split on my country and don`t like when others do on theirs or any else.

That`s my personal opinion , you can write anithing you want , I will not reply

I am staying away from this .

quote:

Hi, I am coming to this site to talk about Mastercam, this site was created for this reson.

there is a lot of sites talk about all other things.

In this I fully agree with Salahuddin .

We are from the same country but I am not sure that we are from the same side of trenches.

But we both understand it right ,I hope.

In real world too much shooting and I don`t want

this forum to became a flame battlefield .

Peace !

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I don't know WHAT forum this guy is looking at but it certainly is not this one. I mean sheesh... there not very many subject that have not been discussed in here. Course, I'm a relative old timer in here, my member number is in the double digits and we're over 5,000 now right??? Anyway, there are relatively few rules in here, just be civil('cept for Rekd - he's the forum Rotweiler biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif j/k), don't launch personal attacks, and contribute yur Mastercam knowledge.

The members who write and read on this forum are choosing to write and read what they desire.

Can you imagine what this forum would be like if it was 99% non Mastercam subjects. If that were the case I would not be on this forum.

I am attracted to this forum to get MC info and share MC info and occasionly enjoy some humor.

There are no rules that state you cannot discuss other subjects. What you see here is what the members freely want to discuss and exactly that. Democratic is exactly what it is.

I would like to offer my 2 pence worth for what its worth.

For me the web can be a great source of knowledge. The experience shown and shared on this forum is invaluable to any machinist, even if they do not use Mastercam. This Forum is one of the best for maintaining the subject “Mastercam”. And its mediators do a good job in watching the content and making sure we stay as politically correct as possible. “Well Done You Guys”

I understand that from time to time there’s always going to be a side bar. I respect this way this forum uses the O/T to distinguish those none Mastercam issues that are brought to light. I can easily avoid those subjects as I do most of the time, as my time is best spent inside Mastercam only subjects.

If you have a specific subject other than Mastercam that you want to discuss there are many other forums out there, just try ALT/”Title of Your own choice”, I’m sure you’ll find something close.

The problem I find with the WEB is that when you are trying to find information that you really need, filtering out the "Crap" takes forever and is frustrating. Take the Alt-Machines-CNC, It’s almost become a waste of time because of the "Bull*

It’s hard to stay focused on any subject with the all the other none related subjects that get sucked into the thread.

So if this forum is to remain the valuable tool it is I’m all for keeping to the business of Mastercam /Machines/Tooling/ etc.

Keep all the rest on the other forums were they belong and maybe just ask if any of them are machinist.

IMO,

What makes this place soo different from the rest, is that this place is like one big family.

I have been to others,and it has not been like this.

There is always the crap that goes on in the others.

This place doesn't even know what crap is! cheers.gif

And the people who keep this place in line do an excellent job.

Lets not change a thing.

cool.gif

Contact any dealler in your area and they can order the books offerd for Mastercam. I would say what do you want ot do and look at the emaster main web site and they have them all there. My dealer wrote soem of them Mr Charles Davis and if you local dealer cant help you I am sure fi you contact him direct he will be more than gald but you may want ot wait a few days right now we have big fires going on and his office is very clsoe to all of this.

Crazy Millman keeps doing his rain dance and praying for better waether.

[ 10-26-2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Hi Jaws,Hi all

quote:

Your thoughts?!

After a few years on this board most questions are repeats,or retreads,it sometimes boreing to go to a stale board day after day. So

the guys talk about stuff that is going on in their lives just like a machine shop.You know might know it as bull$hitting, from your shop days. So i'm thinking it's very cool to allow some as O/T because,if Rekd',James,Charles worked in your shop with you this morning, would you talk about pure Mastercam while they are worried about the fire approaching there houses ?

"democratic".

No Silly''''' it's Mastercam,

Not Democratic.,or Republican.

Not Pro choice or Anti Abortion.

Not race or gender specific.

It is for everybody,,and it takes everybody to make it work.

Scott'teh'

Jaws always liked your song Da'Dant,,Da'Dant DA'DANT DA'DANT

[ 10-27-2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]