Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where do you buy your Solid Carbide Endmills?

Jason @ CPM Industries

• 10 months later...

For anyone doing Aerospace work, I'd highly recommend checking out Helical tools. They have great pricing, everything they make is made in Maine, and their quality absolutely top notch.

One of my favorite things about working with Helical is that they are very open to sending out "test" tools, at no charge. The way it works is you call them up, and ask to speak to one of their guys in Applications. After you give them the details, they will typically send you a "try out" tool. They send you the tool, along with a one page form for reporting the cutting conditions. In exchange for giving you a free endmill, they want you to write down all of your machining parameters, and fill out the tool data report. (In some cases, they also request that you send back the worn out cutter for analysis.)

They get good test data out of the program, and you get a free endmill to test. I have yet to run a test with a Helical tool, and have them get beat by anyone for performance. I've had other tools last longer, but they are usually more expensive.

www.1helical.com

• Like 1

great thread! good prices! thanks

I need to get smarter with cutter purchases

last minute will calls are killing me.

should be moved to the cutting tool forum

Yes it should be moved.  Didn't think there would be a big response.  

Delivery is very important to our company.  If you cant ship us a tool same day forget about it.  There are to many distributors out there that have to many brands and don't even know what the have.  All I need to know is if you have it in stock and can I have it tomorrow morning.  That's why MSC is on top because they have it ready to ship.  The thing that kill's me is they can charge twice as much for what the tool is worth because of that.  

Also did you know Monster Tool has a new High Performance Variable Helix Endmill for the price of a standard endmill.  Thats going to save some time and money  Has anyone tried these out?  Ill have to order some up.  My guys love trying to push new cutters to there breaking point.  APG Series there called.

• 2 months later...

Yes it should be moved.  Didn't think there would be a big response.  

Delivery is very important to our company.  If you cant ship us a tool same day forget about it.  There are to many distributors out there that have to many brands and don't even know what the have.  All I need to know is if you have it in stock and can I have it tomorrow morning.  That's why MSC is on top because they have it ready to ship.  The thing that kill's me is they can charge twice as much for what the tool is worth because of that.  Thats why I started this thread because there are companies out there like some of you have mentioned and who we recently started using Tigertoolsupply.com who make it clear if they have it in stock and have good brands at good prices.

Also did you know Monster Tool has a new High Performance Variable Helix Endmill for the price of a standard endmill.  Thats going to save some time and money  Has anyone tried these out?  Ill have to order some up.  My guys love trying to push new cutters to there breaking point.  APG Series there called.

We order Helical Solutions end mills through our distributor for next day and they've had what we needed in stock so far. Widia is good about it also. Mitsubishi, not so much.

first order from tiger is shipping within 24 hrs of placing it online.

email has tracking number links for each line item... a little odd, but that works.

Did you order Monster or Duramill?  We have used both brands and they both seem like good quality.  Monster has a new HP endmill at general endmill prices called the APG Series.  I think we are going to try them out.  Thanks for the reply.

Jason