Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Face - Dynamic Mill Help

Rotary Ninja

I haven't hat any problem with this, I use dynamic face all the time.  My 2" 90 deg facemill is defined as a .06" CR bull Mill.   No Nubs here....

If your tool is defined as a facemill with corner radius, (as it should be) dynamic facemill WILL leave a nub.

Why should you have to define a facemill as a bullmill?

Tool and holder definitions need a TON of improvement, but we've been saying that for years to deaf ears....

Define a holder? Oh you have to do that in an operation?!?!? Are you kidding me????

Sorry,,, ranting.......

• Like 3

I see I opened a can of worms :help:

< me frantically places worms back in can.

My tool is basically defined as a 2" Square corner mill. The tool itself is a Widia 90 degree face mill with sharp corners. I am running a 40% stepover. At the very end the tool lifts .020" in Z as it travels in X and Y. If I delete this .020" lift in the code I have no more nub. I do not see an option to define the lift at the end of the toolpath.

Are you using the facing tpath or a 2D dynamic?

What is the stepover?

How is the tool defined?

How goes it Kevin?

Going good man. How bout you? It's great to see everyone is still here. I am still piecing my life back together but will be a lot more active here soon once I get back to programming at home.

• 2 years later...

You are causing this problem with your very aggressive arc filter settings. Look at how compromised your motion is, you should notice sharp corners and such. You actually have your arc filter set to deviate by as much as .0475in! Yikes! That's the problem. You're giving 95% of your total tolerance of .05in to the arc filter to work with.You allowed the toolpath to deviate by as much as .0475in from the original accurately calculated motion. I set total tolerance to .005in (still loose) and gave the arc filter 50% to work with. I still got plenty of arcs and no nub.

You did not define a highfeed cutter? You defined a Face mill cutter to look like a highfeed cutter. If you use the actual HighFeed tool type we take care to comp accurately to the bottom highfeed profile. Mastercam is comping your tool as defined like a sharp endmill, the picture shows it on the definition page. Blue flutes represents your profile shape, yellow flutes represent what Mastercam uses to comp.

tools.jpg