Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Generic Fanuc 2axis lathe-tool list

?Mark

I added the tool list to my lathe posts, as I got real used to having it in my mill posts. It is a very handy function to have.

Lathe doesn't get a lot of love :(

I can share the mods if anyone is interested? (I'll have to refresh my brain though :) )

Many times, the option is just "turned off" when you first get the post. This looks like the case with MPLMaster. I think the generic Mastercam lathe posts are missing this functionality though...

it's controlled by a switch in mplmaster

it not in mpfan, but I've taken the tool list code from mplmaster and copied it over to mpfan without too much trouble

You guys are correct, there is a tool list in the mplmaster post.

I'm a huge fan of mpmaster posts and all my mills are based on that. 

Any advantage of mplmaster over mpfan? I'm not a big lathe guy, but I need to set up few new posts for our lathes. I already got the tool list figured out in mpfan. This one is a simple 2 axis slant bed mori sl25.

tia

One thing I could never get working on these posts was the 4 or 6 digit fanfic tool code format. It would always be off by one number whe. The same tool was used more than once in a program.

Example is where you are doing C Axis milling and need to have different tool diameter offsets for bores when using the same tool. Format is T010101 for Tool 1, then length, then diameter. Now you use 41,42,43 and etc for the diameter or wear offset. That then needs to be output T010141 or on some machines it needs to be T014141. Now you would like for that to be in the tool list for the operator. I could get the same tool to output, but could never get the buffers to work correctly and keep it correct for the tool lost. I would always get T014040 when it was supposed to be T014141. I gave up and would just manually edit the tool lists. Have not needed this for a customer in a while, but when I do I will share what I finally come up with so it can be in the generic Mastercam posts and the MPLMaster so for those that have this need they will finally have it.

One thing I could never get working on these posts was the 4 or 6 digit fanfic tool code format. It would always be off by one number whe. The same tool was used more than once in a program.

Example is where you are doing C Axis milling and need to have different tool diameter offsets for bores when using the same tool. Format is T010101 for Tool 1, then length, then diameter. Now you use 41,42,43 and etc for the diameter or wear offset. That then needs to be output T010141 or on some machines it needs to be T014141. Now you would like for that to be in the tool list for the operator. I could get the same tool to output, but could never get the buffers to work correctly and keep it correct for the tool lost. I would always get T014040 when it was supposed to be T014141. I gave up and would just manually edit the tool lists. Have not needed this for a customer in a while, but when I do I will share what I finally come up with so it can be in the generic Mastercam posts and the MPLMaster so for those that have this need they will finally have it.

In-House has this function working properly in my Okuma Lathe posts.