Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating center point via Bounding Box

Jeff2005

I noticed in 2017 version that when I use the bounding box function and choose center point, it creates center points on all the quadrants of a circle.  I ONLY want a center point.

Can anyone tell me if this is a glitch or has this changed with this version?

post-11531-0-61169300-1471372931_thumb.png

• Like 1

I noticed in 2017 version that when I use the bounding box function and choose center point, it creates center points on all the quadrants of a circle.  I ONLY want a center point.

Can anyone tell me if this is a glitch or has this changed with this version?

attachicon.gifsample.PNG

It is by design. The option to do it like it use to have been requested until then yes you will have to delete the duplicates.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Well that sucks,  too much thinking involved, I would think.  Then I would think the option would be to add points to quadrants, not just say center point.   :realmad:

Well on a box you will get 6 plus the center point for a total of 7. When working with 20 or 40 different parts in an assembly is can old real quick.

• Like 1

I guess if I were only using center points for this feature then that would be great.  I use this function for the center of a hole to create geometry, therefore only needing ONE point.

Anyway, I will adapt, not a big deal.  It just makes me realize Mastercam is only for machine parts and not design work, or creating parts from a scan.

thanks again for the input.

It is by design. The option to do it like it use to have been requested until then yes you will have to delete the duplicates.

ARGGHH... *Sigh*... another useful function fubared. Like you Ron, when dealing with with multiple parts in an assembly, it does get old quick.

:crazy:

I have been just using a bounding box, not points then use temporary midpoints to set my centerpoint.

Imo they mucked up bounding box.

I get the impression they have a fixed number of functions. Before they introduce a new function, or add to a function, they must first remove an existing function, or reduce its functionality... LOL

• Like 1

Not sure if this helps, or is related to what you want to do. IME, I normally only used bounding box/center point tools when i wanted to mirror or rotate something, or know the center for stock or whatnot. Anyhow, I just recently noticed in X9 if you want to rotate or mirror something (assuming works with most xform ops), it will automatically create something like a temporary center point. 

post-51233-0-48381900-1471428350_thumb.png

I get the impression they have a fixed number of functions. Before they introduce a new function, or add to a function, they must first remove an existing function, or reduce its functionality... LOL

I'm all for leaning out!

We have 1x click optirough.

I want 1x click optifinish.

2x clicks and go home :D

• Like 1