Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jessie James

Wally

Hello all, Just received my monthly edition of CNC Machining magazine. The cover has Jessie with one of his bikes and he`s sitting on a HAAS. We have 2 of them along with 4 Matsuuras. There is no comparison when it comes to speed and feed. If Jessie only knew. Any comments?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, bucket ur right....I've watched every episode and the way they get the frame to look smooth is for the paint man to add 10 lbs of bondo to each bike.....the stuff they dont powder coat that is.....

Sheesh...I've had to edit every freaking post I've made lately... rolleyes.gif

Murlin

[ 01-15-2004, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Murlin ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Jesse is certainly an innovator. A craftsman to the bone, though not too bright (showing his seat of Mastercam on National TV). Can you say DOH!!!!! LOL!!!

At least he ponied up though. Get this, at the beginning of the BSA investigation, the BSA said there was no case! eek.gifeek.gif Not enough evidence. Kinda like Rodney King didn't get beat like a rented mule. biggrin.gif Go figure.

It nice to hear y'all echoing my sentiments about OCC and the like. Their painter must go through 55 gal. drums of Bondo to make those tanks look halfway decent. Hacks! Most of those bikes look more like amusment park rides than motorcycles anyway.....although for entertainment value the show is a great hoot! As long as the rest of us try and educate the world about the reality of building stuff...WITHOUT Bondo. A proper ride like yours, Bucket! cheers.gif

Lately, the quality of West Coast Choppers has been poor. It's like Jessie got a boatload of money to show up on tv, and doesn't go inot the shop to oversee things the way it used to be when he was hungry!!!

I'm working on a motor mount for a chopper. I'll post pix when I'm done.

Maybe there's a future in this?

Jer

quote:

Lets not forget he was the most famous MC pirate, till he showed his MC on the discovery channel. DOH!

quote:

(showing his seat of Mastercam on National TV)... BSA investigation, the BSA said there was no case!

Why would you get investigated for show his seat of MC on TV? Was it like a cracked copy or is it legal to show a 'puter program on TV without consent of the software maker?

BTW When I get our CNC Machining magazine back, we borrowed it out, I'll scan and post the article for those who didn't get to see it.

Very interesting read.

CNC Software (Big Software Brother) knows who the legal customers are. When seeing the MC on the discovery channel the thought was,"Man what a marketing op." After checking into it, it was determined that WCC was not a legal customer.

All that is straighted out now.I went into a shop here that had bought a crack copy of MC, and they did not know it. They thought they were legal. They did get legal after finding out.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Was it like a cracked copy ...

When you work for a reseller (as I did when said show was aired) and you see that the software you rep is being shown in millions of homes, it makes you want to check the user database. When that name is not in the database two things are possible. 1) They bought it from an auction, company going out of business, etc... so it's only part legit (As long as the key/HASP is being used to protect the software) or 2) They are pirates. I don't know what category he WAS in but all I know is NOW he's got at least 1 legit seat.