Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT / Canadians / Americans

Tony

"That's right because everthing is always about America"...

Lets clear the air.

It's not all about America with me.

I do not have a single problem with Canada.

The people that sold us out to

Mexico or China ,but Never a Bad word

About Canada from me, or anyone I have ever been in contact with in this Biz.

North American

Tony

[ 01-23-2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Tony ]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

"That's right because everthing is always about America"...

I for one am completely grateful to our friends in the Great White North. They have been staunch allies, and more importantly friends. So whoever thinks it's all about America has it only 1/2 right. It's all about NORTH AMERICA EH! biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif

[ 01-23-2004, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Canadians know everything about Americans and Americans know nothing about Canadians, and Canadians like it that way.

I spent 3 weeks in Toronto many years ago. Other than the cold is was very nice; one of the best natural history museums I've ever seen.

One odd thing I noticed were the number of Donut shops, and that they served liquor in them. What's that all about? confused.gif

smile.gif

Three Canadians and three Americans are traveling by train to a hockey game. At the station, the three Americans each buy tickets and watch as the three Canadians buy only a single ticket.

"How are the three people going to travel on only one ticket?", asks an American.

"Watch and you'll see," says a Canadian.

They all board the train. The Americans take their respective seats but all three Canadians cram into a bathroom and close the door

behind them.

Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the bathroom door and says, "Ticket Please." The door opens a crack, a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The Conductor takes it and moves on.

The Americans see this and agree it was quite a clever idea. So after the game they decide to copy the Canadians on the return trip and save some money. When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment the Canadians don't but a ticket at all.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" asks one perplexed American.

"Watch and you'll see" answers a Canadian.

When they board the train the three Americans cram into a bathroom and the three Canadians cram into another bathroom nearby. Once the train leaves the station, one of the Canadians leaves and walks over to the other bathroom where the Americans are hiding, knocks on the door and says "Ticket Please".

I happen to be from Canada and I would like to let all of you that we are not all dounut eating snow farmers. I up until recently I worked for a company that made the largest and most complex die cast moulds in all of north america. Funny how all our customers were american.

Later ... Jon

PS It's not a bad thing to have a beer named after your country. cheers.gif

I went to quebec for icam post training in the 90's and I thought canadians were like bob and doug mckenzie before then. Well I ended up in the french speaking province and had to explain to quite a few people that i was from burke county and was not going to be talked rude to.

Turns out they are not rude just blunt and mean nothing by it.(hope they never come down here, they'd get their blunt a$$ kicked by some bubba.)

I prefer the bob and doug type canadians like the boys from inhouse, and they did bring us triumph and rush.

No insult intended about the Donut shops; it's just one of those many quirks you see in any society that are interesting. I always wonder how those come about.

For example, are there more donut shops because per capita in Canada because it's cold, and people want a warm cup of coffee and high calorie food in the morning?

Do those same shops serve liquor so they can maximize sales in the afternoon/evening when the choice of beverage turns from coffee to alcohol? (If so, that's pretty smart and efficient use of facilities).

Or, was this donut/bar combo imported by immigrants from another culture? I DON'T KNOW confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif ... but it's interesting.

[ 01-25-2004, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

Canadian, American and Two Women on a Train

In a train car there was a Canadian, an American, a spectacular looking blonde and a frightfully awful looking fat lady. After several minutes of the trip the train happens to pass through a dark tunnel, and the unmistakable sound of a slap is heard. When they leave the tunnel, the American had a big red slap mark on his cheek.

The blonde thought - "That American son of a bitch wanted to touch me and by mistake, he must have put his hand on the fat lady, who in turn must have slapped his face."

The fat lady thought - "This dirty old American laid his hands on the blonde and she smacked him".

The American thought - "That xxxx Canadian put his hand on that blonde and by mistake she slapped me".

The Canadian thought - "I hope there's another tunnel soon so I can smack that stupid American again".

cheers.gif I HAD TOO wink.gifcheers.gif

There is a canadian and american going across a desert on a camel. They come to an oasis and decide that if there going to finish there journey they better let the camel drink. Well the camel wont drink, so the american says Ill hold his head in the water and you suck on his a** and hell have no choice but to drink. Well after a couple minutes the canadian hollers up to the american, hey lift his head up a little bit I think your hitting mud. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...and they did bring us triumph and rush.

Two of the greatest Rock Bands ever formed IMHO, and Rush is still going too.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

And Canada brought us this cool forum to hang out in too! cheers.gifcheers.gif In House Solutions cheers.gifcheers.gif