Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup Sheets & Tool Lists?

Shop Wench

Hello Everybody!  Long time, no see.  I need advise on setup sheets and tool lists.  Which format do you use?  I am over several programmers and trying to get them all on the same page.  The shop has it's preference, but the programmers are not all outputting the same format.  Help or advise is greatly appreciated!

HI shopwench, yes, longtime no hear...hope all is well on your end!

I use an active reports sheet.....they do need some help right out of the box but very flexible

19 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

In X+, just click the Toollist icon. Set it up the way you with the menu boxes..

It prints all the tools in order.

Thank you!  I have never noticed that.  So whatever you click here is the priority it sorts with!  YAY!

sortxplus.png

2 hours ago, jeff said:

Another vote for X+

CNC should adopt that style, it's quick,simple and very user friendly. Unlike the default crap that comes with Mastercam that makes you want to bash your head against the wall for hours.

Not a lover of AR then Jeff?

:laughing:

16 minutes ago, Jkermit83 said:

I export out my tool list into a word document template I made.  everything fits on one page and it's fairly easy to fill out the necessary details

setup sheet template revb.docx

So what do you do with a program with over 100 tools and 500 operations? Me I right click and get the tool list with holders and everything shown. I add my screen shots to the setup sheets or can create them using the AR process and Vacro and done as well. I want less or more information Jim has made it very easy for someone to decide. You want bar code for output he got that also.

X+ is a good tool, but unless you are my friend Zoober and know VB like the back of your hand then it is not the same. Each thing has their place, but I have done the copy and paste into Word and on one project we did that was 1600 hours of programming spending over 100 making setup sheets and tool list really was not fun.  Time is money and money is time and every place does what works for them and if you are happy with what works then great, but their are options out there which is what hopefully someone has found reading this topic.