Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need a post..

NewName

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, a simple reply out of order, just as he did for me here . He accuse me to asking for a post, when I clearly ask for where to fix MINE. Again, sorry about the topic; after reading of the FAQ, I figure in my odd sense of humor it would make many of you read it. But since I clearly did not ask for a post, and got attacked, I responded. That is all. I will try to not stir the pot from now on.

Bullines, I sent you a email. TY

NN

Well Noname you will have a great future here and I am also man enough to apoligze and let it all be water under the bridge. I will say this though I dont care how many posts you have I try to help all I can and aslong as it is all in good clean fun then good but please don't get mad if people do give you a little razzing also.

Matt glad is all good. Been pretty busy also with getting everything ready to move into the new house by the end of the month. I still have to get the rest of my stuff from Florida about half a Moving trucks worth and also get all of my stuff in this apartment there also. I will catch up with you some time.

You still going to West-Tec the ride offer is still up if you are intrested.

NewName: Agreed! The content of your posting was fine. It's the subject that touched a nerve. Glad to see you admit that you may have reacted badly (as did others). Admitting when your wrong is important to be part of being in this community.

So now that everyone shook hands and made up.... biggrin.gif . Did you get an answer to your original question? It sounded to me like you've got it working now.

I think it's funny: The best advise you got here was from Ron. The one guy you managed to xxxx off the most. cheers.gif .

He's right. ptap_2 probably points to pdrill_2. Copy the contents of pdrill_2 to ptap_2 and remove the "dwell" variable. That should do it.

Good Luck,

Mike Mattera

quote:

No comments from the other 2 that were trying to beat me up for no reason?

Newname, My reply was far from a beating. Stick around and you'll see plenty of those.

When I saw your name AND your user number AND your location AND your subject, I quickly remembered a post from a couple weeks ago joking about the up-coming 8000th member and the "Need a post" subjects. I was only getting a jump on the usual flame throwers. MY BAD. But I would encourage any first timers to refrain from sarcastic subject matter in their FIRST post. That might be ok on a "I have nothing better to do with my time." type forum, but not here.

If you're legit, then... cheers.gif

If not, then flame.gif

Oh yeah...Welcome to the best forum on the net.

ScottyB. needin' a green beer.

Alright it looks like it will be cheers.gif for newname.

Sorta on same subject, if any of you are travelling to otherr parts of the country you should try to hook up with forum members in that area. I met James Meyette and he was not what I had pictured at all. I even got the 50cent tour. Big horizontals removing 90% of material slinging those bullet type chips. I also got to meet millman and got the tour, but dont think i can say anymore than that other than it was amazing the things he's doin.

If I had known how small the area was out there I would have tried to meet more of you guys(as long as I dont have to get on the 5) But definatley if you go somewhere try to meet the other members in that area and see what they do.

I went back a few days ago and found some from my old original name.

Wow, things have changed, people have grown, (not always up either biggrin.gif )

I had one of multass, but couldn't find it again. Will let you know when I do. wink.gif

'Rekd

[ 03-17-2004, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Hey I didnt get off to a good start here either. I about had Rekd and few others ready to ban me from the board. This place is very humbling in my eyes. The talnet and intellgence that the people have in the forum is great. The willingness to help others and share knowledge is what is going to turn things around for this country. It is not going to be the others guys it is going to take use the workers and the makers to get thing back in a more postive direction. It may be leaving fast but if we all keep pushing and we all keep helping each other get better then it help build everyone's future.

That's why we shouldn't be to eager to flame.gif someone right away. You could be scaring away an important future assett to the board. I know a lot of talented people who will never come back here because of a bad first posting.

Jimmy's "10 free postings" is a great idea. Everyone deserves a chance to make a mistake. After that they can prove themselves wrong (by admitting a mistake), or prove themselves stupid. tongue.gif

Mike Mattera

quote:

So now that everyone shook hands and made up.... . Did you get an answer to your original question? It sounded to me like you've got it working now.

I think it's funny: The best advise you got here was from Ron. The one guy you managed to xxxx off the most.

Yes, Mike. Everything is working beautiful now. Well, for that problem anyway. I still am having a problem with other things, but all in due time.

Ron was the light above my head, though I think I may need new ballast to lighten my way better. I go back and look at some of Ron's writings, he is very pationate and wise. Again, thank you all for help and patience with me as I learn.

NN

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I know a lot of talented people who will never come back here because of a bad first posting...

They should grow thicker skin IMO. If they are that sensitive, they certainly would not last in many shops I've worked at. I've seen far worse in my face than has been doled out here. We're all pretty much puddy tats compared to some places on the Net, though some members (including myself) could use a class or so in "Reading Comprehension". biggrin.giftongue.gif

Mike, I suppose I could light you up flame.gif for talking smack about "...Members with 5,000 posts..." and I know it was either directed at me or Jay because he and I are the only members with anything near that mark. So, what say you Mike??? Are you not just as guilty as the other attack dogs??? It's a small world Mike... just remember that. wink.gif

That is what we are here for and ask away we like to help. Don't let this scare you off come on let us help you with the next thing. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

The more you know the more you can ask the boss for at next rasie time. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

James I was thinking the same thing. I have been threaten with physical volience, had tires flatten, windows broken out, tools stollen, seen people smoking weed during lunch, and those are some of the things I can talk about. If people get pissed off and want to not let soemthing as great as this place help them then they are pass the poitn of this place helping them. I mean who would want the experience of problay over 2000 years combined help them.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'll tell you what, we treated them the same way that anyone in a pub would treat someone nobody knew coming in asking for a free beer, only we didn't shove a cue stick in their tail. biggrin.gif LOL!!!!!

+1 Ron. I'm still waiting too. I have to seriously question the validity of his statements that day.. :shrug:

I have rarely seen this community, or individuals in this community go off for no reason. (Although this thread came close.. eek.gif )

I think NewName will stick around and learn/teach with us, and I think Mike will continually remind us of how bad we all are by chasing away all the talented people that come here making stupid requests then coming off with an attitude when they get a bloody nose.

Such is life.

'Rekd teh outside looking in