Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need a post..

NewName

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

NE1 think Mike will give us the pleasure of a response?

I want to know why he badmouthed "...Members with 5000 posts..." in private. If he's got a problem with me or anyone else for that matter he should bring it right to them not lay down the smack in private. Makes him look small. I make my e-mail available. I'm not hiding anywhere - well except for that trip to Hawaii... biggrin.gif

So Mike, what say you??? You going to come defend your position or are you going to remain small???

James teh inquiring minds want to know...

quote:

NE1 think Mike will give us the pleasure of a response?

Hardly. At least not one that will back up his accusations. He will continue to skirt around the truth, as he did before, because there is no substance there, only excuses.

Jamman, yes, he made several impressions on this board. Quite the times we had with him, eh?

'Rekd teh singing: "Memories.."

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

LOL. I just went through that thread. Man... bummer I missed out on that one. Oh well... Maybe next time. biggrin.gif Hawaii was slightly more enjoyable though.

Yeah it would be nice if Mike backed up what he was saying with even a single specific instance where ONE OF HIS customers got slammed for no reason by one of us. No reason here being the OPERATIVE word.

Hey Guys,

It looks like you missed me! My skin is thick enough. I can take it. But I have to make a living and cant be on the board all day. For me this is very simple. I came here to help people. I came here to talk Mastercam. I did not come here to discuss manners. I try my best to always speak with a civil tonge and be respectful of others feelings.

James: Sorry if the "5000 posts" offended you. That was last month. Life goes on, get over it. I dont understand the reason the listing the number of posts in the first place. The only thing that should matter is if you can help someone with todays questions. You are not a God because you have 5000 posts. Your just a nice guy. with lots of knowledge, who likes to help people. That's admirable and I commend you all for doing it.

Ron: I dont have a specific thread to point to. As a matter of fact the person I talked to probably deserved to get flamed. I dont know for sure.

(as I stated before)

I asked my customers about their experiences with the forum. Now you can take offense if you want , THIS IS WHAT THEY TOLD ME (yes, I'm yelling).

1) There seems to be a number of guys who think the own the board.

2) It seems to be the guys with the greatest number of posts.

3) They (the customer) was jumped on for asking a question. (yes it probably was s stupid question and they probably didn't read the FAQ).

I'm NOT defending them. I'm telling you what they said. It's like this guys, If your fly is open dont you want someone to tell you? So wouldn't it be great if you could go back and look at your first post. If you saw your first post today you'd probably flame yourself. So let's try to remember, you were new to the board once too!

So if someone asks for a free beer you can say "sorry we dont do that" or you can jam a pool cue up their xxxx. Some people go to a bar looking for trouble. Some people wait in the bar for trouble to start. Some people go to the bar to meet their friends and have a beer.

So can I buy you a beer? cheers.gif .

Mike Mattera

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...James: Sorry if the "5000 posts" offended you. That was last month. Life goes on, get over it. I dont understand the reason the listing the number of posts in the first place...

It just seemed like a personal jab for no apparent reason so I wanted to call you on it.

quote:

...You are not a God because you have 5000 posts...

Of course not. Never claimed to be and never will be. There's only 1 God and I am CERTAINLY not HIM. As of this post, I only have 4,678 posts not 5,000. The reason I called you on it is because there are only two members in the realm of 5,000 - Jay and I. I really don't care how many I have and I don't think anybody else really does either. My real reason for helping is because I want to help. No more, no less. I've been helped by lots of people over the years and I want to give back to a trade that has been so good to me - and also to keep my skills sharp. Often times when people ask a question to something I don't know it gets me thinking, gets me to look at the software from another perspective which in turn helps me improve so it's a two-fold thing, they get help and I learn something new. We all benefit. (Hopefully)

quote:

...Some people go to the bar to meet their friends and have a beer.

So can I buy you a beer? ...

cheers.gif

Sure! I'll take a Guiness Draught please!

Thanks!

I am a customer of Mikes.

I know him only from purchasing his "quality" tips and tricks cd's.

I can say that the few times that I have talked to him via Email,he was very nice.

IMHO,Mike brings great knowledge to the table,and is a great asset to this great forum.

I would only ask of my fellow forum members to "try to put aside" any of the negative threads that Mike may have been involved in and lets move on,and accept him for who he is.

I do not believe for 1 minute that he personally went out of his way to try to irritate anyone.

Please gents,all have a beer on me! cheers.gif

James: Jay called me on that "5000 Posts" number also. It was never intended to be a jab at anyone. It was just a bad example that narrowed the field a bit too much. I actually pulled that number out of the air.

And of course, on draught is the Only way to have a Guiness. cheers.gif . Especially on this holliest of Irish holidays biggrin.gif

Brendan: Thanks! I sincerely appreciate your support.

Mike Mattera

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...It was just a bad example that narrowed the field a bit too much. I actually pulled that number out of the air...

It's cool. Thanks for replying to set the record straight. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

I think it's a legit question for an owner to ask.

Andy: I sell Mastercam for the dealer in Wisconsin. I try to check the board in the morning before 8:a and again on my lunch break. I do not monitor the board during the day because I make my living selling and doing phone support for my customers. I have plenty to keep me busy.

But I feel if I can spend 1/2 hr, twice a day. It will help me learn more and help me share the wealth (of knowledge) with other people who have questions. I'm trying to encourage my customers to come here also. If the boys here wont beat them up to badly (just kidding) biggrin.gif .

I've found, once you spent a little of time here (my initial quest), you can pop in and pop out to "follow up" with what's going on.

Mike Mattera

Hell I hop on any time I want, most times to ask a question about something that is happening at the moment. Isn't that what good support is all about?

When I hired in here 6 months ago they had neither cad system or CNC. Now we are sending complicated 3D surface models out for quote on machining and doing all the easy stuff in house. I'll hop on any time and ask for help if I want, thank you. I love my job. cuckoo.gif

quote:

Are you guys on the clock talking about this stuff?

biggrin.gif Yup!

I'm also chewing gum and listening to Rufis Thomas"s walking the dog, and when my cell rings I answer it.

biggrin.gif I just love this

I do hard Mastercam labor, I don't do Hard labor like breaking rocks.

There's 8000 of us here on the board ,, I think we getalong really good.

quote:

Yup

Just like I was when I did about $5K worth of free post mods on fully dialed custom posts for the 9 different controls we have using knowledge I gained here [and free advice from Steve Biehl and Paul D at S4A my reseller]

Just like I am when I get the free answer to a problem I have at 8:00 at night from my fellow forum members

I don't think the boss is bitching

C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Youbetcha. I'm slavery, errrrrrr Salary so I'm on the hook for my $3 Million Pallet Pool System 24-7 . I don't think the boss is grumbling one bit considering I(along with my trusty operators - but I'm ultimately responsible) keep that thing (2 Horizontals)going 140-150 hours a week(each machine) WITH A SINGLE SHIFT!!! And when it's crunch timne.... it's not forum time.