Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need a post..

NewName

When i make drill with dwell, the dwell (P) gets put on each hole. (For HAAS). Does it need to be on subsequent holes for HAAS?

code:

N10 G98 G82 X-7.56 Y-.3 Z-.04 R.1 P.3 F20.

N11 X-7.275 Y-.465 P.3

N12 X-6.91 Y-.1 P.3

N13 X-6.08 P.3

N14 X-5.275 P.3

N15 X-4.47 P.3

N16 X-3.665 P.3

N17 X-2.86 P.3

With big programs and lots of holes, it's a pain. Where can I change this?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty and felix, ding ding ding yourselves, and try reading my post instead of just the subject.. rolleyes.gif

You should be ashamed of yourselves, as I have read the FAQ and you have not read my post before jumping down my throat.

Here's a couple of pennies for you each to go buy a clue.

Thanks anyway. Next?

You change this is this part of the post:

code:

pdrill_2        #Canned Drill Cycle, additional points

pdrlcommonb

pcan1, pbld, n, pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, prdrlout, dwell,

feed, strcantext, e

pcom_movea

Just take out the Dwell and all is good. Beware though this effects all drill cycle toolpaths. You can get fancy and create a custom drill cycle to do a spefic operation but that is up to you.

Also you can change the spefic Drilling cycle from:

code:

pchpbrk_2       #Canned Chip Break Cycle

pdrill_2

If this is this the spefic Drilling cycle to this:

code:

pchpbrk_2       #Canned Chip Break Cycle

pdrlcommonb

pcan1, pbld, n, pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, prdrlout,

feed, strcantext, e

pcom_movea

And you will not need a custom drill cycle and it will only effect that drill cycle only.

HTH

BTW welcome newname but old user.

Oh yeah you are not funny either and need to rethink your joke because you got what you deserved from the other 2.

Come on ,guys ,this is a legit question !

Newname ,welcome to the Forum cheers.gif

Make copy of your post files .

In your postprocessor file opened with a notepad or any other editor

change this

fastmode : yes #Enable Quick Post Processing, (set to no for debug)

to

fastmode : no #Enable Quick Post Processing, (set to no for debug)

and post your program once more

You will see something like this

% psof 42

O0000 psof 42

(PROGRAM NAME - T) psof 42

(DATE=DD-MM-YY - 17-03-04 TIME=HH:MM - 00:27) psof 42

N100G21 psof 42

N102G0G17G40G49G80G90 psof 42

( 1. BALL ENDMILL TOOL - 1 DIA. OFF. - 1 LEN. - 1 DIA. - 1.) psof ptoolcomment 42

N104T1M6 psof 42

N106G0G90G54X.3Y-25.A0.S5000M3 psof 42

N108G43H1Z50. psof 42

N110Z10. pzrapid prapidout 44

N112G1Z0.F9. plin plinout 46

N114Y-24.F400. plin plinout 48

N116G3X-.7Y-23.R1. pcir pcirout 50

N118G1X-54. plin plinout 52

N120Y-22. plin plinout 54

N122Y37. plin plinout 56

N124M5 peof pretract 60

N126G91G0G28Z0. peof pretract 60

N128G28X0.Y0.A0. peof pretract 60

N130M30 peof 60

% peof 60

This will heklp you to debug a file ,you will see the variable responsible for dwell and will change it easily ,if you need it .

HTH

Newname maybe I can explain a drilling cycle and how it works so you will get what I am saying. You have a main drill call that has all of the main needed code for calling the drill cycle. When you have multi point involved Mastercam knows this and it also knows that if you dont need the extra code according to how you have the post set up will only output what you want for the other points called in an operation. The pdrill2 is that other drill points and gives you what you need at each point but not all the code again unless you machine needs this and it would then be a mirror of the frist set of post blocks that are called pdrill1. pdrill2 which is just normally x,y but most posts also output the R plane the G98 and G99 and yes the G4 which is the dwell for the HAAS. By changing the pdrill2 part of your post to take out this code you will still get the first code but not the second I hope that helps. If not call your dealer and they can get it the exact way you would like.

Thank you Ron and Iskandar.

Ron, that makes sense, my problem was in thinking pcom_movea was the subsequent holes, as I did not see pdrill2 being called from the first drilled hole. I will try it and report back later.

No comments from the other 2 that were trying to beat me up for no reason? cool.gif

NN

quote:

Oh yeah you are not funny either and need to rethink your joke because you got what you deserved from the other 2.

A joke it was not. It was a legitimate question that was not read entirely before I was attacked.

I am try very hard with my english, and it still escapes me from time to time, sorry for the confusion.

NN

I rarely flame anyone, nor was I about to flame him here.

His attitude sounds alot like our not-so-distant friend NutzPeirce. (Reference the "Any Ideas" thread) One minute he's using broken english, the next he's speaking crystal clear. His apparent magnetism toward trouble makes it smell a bit fishy. That's all.

Thad

Look over here Bulliness: No need to attack fellow members.

He needs to apply his own rule to his other posting. I was tryign to presude him to change the topic to a less possible flame target and he compaliend his english is not very good so when a fellow memver typed soemthing wrong he felt like he should just jump all over them. If you have seen I am the first t osay soemthing about the types os action if that is a probelm I will be more than glad to only read from now on and help only a select few.

People who have bad english do not understand slangs very well. Then why did he understand this so well.

quote:

Here's a couple of pennies for you each to go buy a clue.

A good old return slam I am sorry but I am not stupid and people who want to pull crap are going to get what they deserve.