Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File get at start up.

Mekanikal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah there is but I think it would need a self loading Vb and not sure if you can set the load to load a vb I know it will load Chooks but to load a Vb might not work but you can put a button in your toolbar to do just such a thing. Another thing you can do it just go to the directory where the files is and doulbe click on it and it will open up.

Create a new VBScript and paste the code below into it, save the script to your mcam9VB folder as fileget.vbs.

code:

Call Main

Sub Main

RunMastercamCommand "fileget"

End Sub

Edit your shortcut to Mastercam, right click it and select Properties, in the Target field append the name of the script, for example;

code:

C:Mcam9ROUTER9.EXE fileget.vbs

quote:

The File-Get part works great, but now MCUtils doesn't start up automatically.

Has anyone else experienced this? When running the script at startup, I now have to manually execute the MCUtils chook for it to work for the first time. After that, everything is fine. Does starting with this script somehow cause MC to "overlook" some config settings?

Thad

Thad,

Sorry for the delay I have been a bit under the weather lately frown.gif

As Mark suggested, edit your script per below and replace the call to SetDirs with the name of your chook.

code:

Call Main

Sub Main

RunMastercamCommand "fileget"

RunMastercamCHook "SETDIRS.DLL"

End Sub

Running multiple CHooks at start up like this might be rather handy biggrin.gif

Mick,

It worked on 3 computers but not the 4th. The error I got is on Jay's FTP in the Pictures, jpegs...etc folder called vb error.jpg. I put the script on our server and copied it to the various computers, so I know it's the exact same file.

Thad