Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Which 3D mouse

rchipper

I still use an old Spacepilot I like it because i mapped buttons 1-3 to mouse buttons (left-middle-righh) for my right hand to rest.

It's OK with Mastercam but 3D mouse doesn't work with Vericut anymore since V9.

I should try a Spacemouse pro to check if 1-4 buttons could suit my fingers. Need to find budget though^^

I use a Logitech MX Master mouse. My hands are too big for the majority of mice on the market. 

I use a 3D Connexion wireless SpaceNavigator. It has 2 buttons which is perfect because its about all my memory is good for not being a full-time programmer anymore. Plus they are only about $150

I assigned toggle shading to the right button and set rotation point to the left button. 

Thank you all for the input. I actually have a older Space Pilot Pro. I've installed the drivers but have no idea how to set any of the customizable features.

The manual isn't very helpful as I can see.

How do I get it to work with Mastercam? It does nothing. Is there a setting I don't know about? Ugh.

Here's my button layout, it seems to be fairly good as I've given it to a few people to get started:

image.png.75d9f9f63e89d49e4ceabfe01a08f089.png

To make a menu like that, configure your buttons,and choose "New radial menu" from the flyout:

image.thumb.png.8a3540fa61f64dbd98e826437c7abed7.png

Then create a new one (I called my two "view control" and "Accept Cancel":

image.png.625d776711952edf67151da4d1459b48.png

Also, as a preference, under "Advanced" options I prefer to have my Zoom set to Up/Down:

image.png.8f05a2b5bfddaaf714e760bbcd0dc6ba.png

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Is there a trick to enabling the Radial Menus?

I'm running an older (10 years +) Space Mouse Enterprise and the latest drivers

and there are no Radial Menus.

I'm thinking this old device does not support them and I'll need to upgrade

1 hour ago, gcode said:

Is there a trick to enabling the Radial Menus?

I'm running an older (10 years +) Space Mouse Enterprise and the latest drivers

and there are no Radial Menus.

I'm thinking this old device does not support them and I'll need to upgrade

I can't imagine it matters which mouse you have?  I mean, physically it's just a button regardless..  I know you stay up to date on the drivers, so I have no idea?

19 hours ago, rchipper said:

Aaron,

I got to the Radial Menu Configurations but don't know how to populate the fields with Mastercam options.

Can you give me some tips?

Also I am using an older model Space Pilot Pro the configurations appears differently.

I happened to have a SpacePilot Pro on the shelf, and it still shows up for me? 

image.thumb.png.cc86dd894abfe0b9a2ef51daf04204c7.png

Any chance you're not highlighting the Mastercam window before clicking "Buttons?"  Notice how mine says Mastercam X at the top.

It also tells me that I'm a very naughty boy, and my SpacePilot Pro is a Discontinued device :)