Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How set Mastercam to achieve this effect?

• bird2010 changed the title to How set Mastercam to achieve this effect?
2 hours ago, bird2010 said:

no, you can try !

Mastercam can't achieve the same effect

Well then we have a PICNIC ("problem in chair, not in computer") issue not a Mastercam issue. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Put up your sample file that you cannot achieve it. Don't think you can talk ignorant comments on Mastercam forum and get away with it. I am not called the Crazy^millman for no reason. I am the guy they call to teach SpaceX, AeroJet Rocketdyne, NASA, Air Force and many other companies doing advanced manufacturing. All that said means I no one special just your average guy trying to earn a living. You want help then post a file up and glad to help. Want to pick a fight then bring it on and lets see what Mastercam can and cannot do. I will be waiting for you to respond with a sample file.

If not then go pound sand like Time Markoski used to say. :unworthy::unworthy: 

Here is the Big Even I was part of. Big Event

Here is an interview so you can put a name to the face. Cam Instructor Interview

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
16 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Well then we have a PICNIC ("problem in chair, not in computer") issue not a Mastercam issue. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Put up your sample file that you cannot achieve it. Don't think you can talk ignorant comments on Mastercam forum and get away with it. I am not called the Crazy^millman for no reason. I am the guy they call to teach SpaceX, AeroJet Rocketdyne, NASA, Air Force and many other companies doing advanced manufacturing. All that said means I no one special just your average guy trying to earn a living. You want help then post a file up and glad to help. Want to pick a fight then bring it on and lets see what Mastercam can and cannot do. I will be waiting for you to respond with a sample file.

If not then go pound sand like Time Markoski used to say. :unworthy::unworthy: 

Here is the Big Even I was part of. Big Event

Here is an interview so you can put a name to the face. Cam Instructor Interview

Why is your conversation unfriendly???
I'm just asking a question
I don't understand why you want to twist my meaning???????????

sorry, I am not good at English

Why is your conversation unfriendly???
I'm just asking a question
I don't understand why you want to twist my meaning???????????

You have now mentioned two different CAM Software's in this thread. That can be considered hostile intentions.

In any culture if you run into crowded theater and yell fire with no fire happening people will be confused. You shouted fire with proof of fire. You have yet to provide proof of a fire. Where is your Legal Mastercam file to prove your not yelling fire when there is not fire. Your definition of fire (perfect) is the issue here. I have used this tool path at 3200 ipm feed rates on machines and never once had and issue with edge clipping when using the correct settings. I have to assume you understand acceleration and deceleration methods and process to know why certain things are done certain ways. What you consider perfect I consider a crash fest and will scrap a part without running the back feed rates much slower. By giving more room away from the part the issue are not a problem. Mastercam can hug a part with .001 on the back feed rate if that is so desired, but not in my opinion the perfect process.

Put up a legal Mastercam file with something that allows someone to see you're a legal user of the software. Then we can have a more in depth conversation. Sorry but until we can shed some light on your true identification it is all just someone trying to promote different software on a Mastercam forum that is just a troll. I am person enough to show you exactly who I am. Are you that person enough to do the same?

Does anyone understand what I mean?

Without a legal Mastercam file none will understand your thoughts. It could be 1,000,000 lines of perfect English, but without a file it is just has no meaning no way to refute your thoughts. You have asked for them to be refuted, but have not provided the means to refute them. See, see, see, see we say to the blind man. Until we place his hand on the object we want him to see he cannot see it for himself. Your file is the way to let those of us blind to your inner thoughts see what you are seeing. Sorry not a mind reader no matter how many pictures and videos I see. I need to hold it in my hands to see it and the file it the way for me to hold it in my hands.

2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

You have now mentioned two different CAM Software's in this thread. That can be considered hostile intentions.

In any culture if you run into crowded theater and yell fire with no fire happening people will be confused. You shouted fire with proof of fire. You have yet to provide proof of a fire. Where is your Legal Mastercam file to prove your not yelling fire when there is not fire. Your definition of fire (perfect) is the issue here. I have used this tool path at 3200 ipm feed rates on machines and never once had and issue with edge clipping when using the correct settings. I have to assume you understand acceleration and deceleration methods and process to know why certain things are done certain ways. What you consider perfect I consider a crash fest and will scrap a part without running the back feed rates much slower. By giving more room away from the part the issue are not a problem. Mastercam can hug a part with .001 on the back feed rate if that is so desired, but not in my opinion the perfect process.

Put up a legal Mastercam file with something that allows someone to see you're a legal user of the software. Then we can have a more in depth conversation. Sorry but until we can shed some light on your true identification it is all just someone trying to promote different software on a Mastercam forum that is just a troll. I am person enough to show you exactly who I am. Are you that person enough to do the same?

Without a legal Mastercam file none will understand your thoughts. It could be 1,000,000 lines of perfect English, but without a file it is just has no meaning no way to refute your thoughts. You have asked for them to be refuted, but have not provided the means to refute them. See, see, see, see we say to the blind man. Until we place his hand on the object we want him to see he cannot see it for himself. Your file is the way to let those of us blind to your inner thoughts see what you are seeing. Sorry not a mind reader no matter how many pictures and videos I see. I need to hold it in my hands to see it and the file it the way for me to hold it in my hands.

Are you really familiar with mastercam?
I do not think so
You are already full of hostility!!! No need to communicate anymore
My boss spent money to buy mastercam
But my boss recently purchased solidcam 
I don’t want to use solidcam
I am not good at English
Can't convey more of what I mean

• Haha 4
  • Huh? 2
1 hour ago, bird2010 said:

I do not think so

You just told one of the guys on this forum who is easily the most experienced and willing to teach guy that he doesn't know what he's doing...

Perhaps you should contact the Mastercam reseller that your "boss" bought Mastercam from and have them show you how to use it. You chances of getting help here have just gotten on to VERY thin ice.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, bird2010 said:

I do not think so
You are already full of hostility!!! No need to communicate anymore
My boss spent money to buy mastercam
But my boss recently purchased solidcam 
I don’t want to use solidcam
I am not good at English
Can't convey more of what I mean

No never used it and posted over 19,500 postings that helped not a single person in the last almost 21 years of being on this forum. Again post a file glad to help I guess you cant read that due to your poor English? I live in a tri-lingual house so really annoys me when someone try to use that as an excuse. 

沒有人從未使用過它,並且在過去近 21 年的時間裡,在這個論壇上發布了超過 19,500 條帖子,沒有對任何人有任何幫助。 再次發布一個文件很高興能提供幫助,我想您由於英語不好而無法閱讀該文件? 我住在一個講三種語言的房子裡,所以當有人試圖以此為藉口時,我真的很惱火。

上傳一個包含刀具路徑的主文件,然後我們就可以說同樣的語言了。

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think what he's talking about and not explaining very well, is in the paths shown in his video, when the tool transitions to the next z level of cut (step up), it doesn't retract.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Mastercam do that?

It's easy to keep the tool down when it's cutting on the same z-level in optirough. When you transition to the new z level it picks up and starts at that new z level.  Is that wrong? I've never even considered that an issue but also never tried to keep the tool down in that way. 

1 hour ago, neurosis said:

I think what he's talking about and not explaining very well, is in the paths shown in his video, when the tool transitions to the next z level of cut (step up), it doesn't retract.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Mastercam do that?

It's easy to keep the tool down when it's cutting on the same z-level in optirough. When you transition to the new z level it picks up and starts at that new z level.  Is that wrong? I've never even considered that an issue but also never tried to keep the tool down in that way. 

I see the "rapid" motions that he's trying to replicate, but I don't know how it would be better than hopping up and over. You're just going to add a bunch of arcs or point to points at a high feedrate, and relatively close to the part wall at that. But it will need to output F values, and the associated G01's and 2/3's to achieve that motion. Not seeing the benefit of reducing your number of z retracts on roughing, repeats back down aren't going to kill your accuracy here.

Seems like a lot of code to rapid back to a starting point for an HSM pass...

To use the strategy correctly and I believe Ron covered it, you have to enable step up, then go full length DOC, keep tool down length of part and it just works as the video shows.

This dude no matter how bad his english is, just is not listening, and, it feels like he's back door shilling. The one who shall not be named used to do that. Then he'd create like 5 user accounts that would jump on his bandwagon to support his shill. 

I've seen this show before.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'... 

8 minutes ago, SuperHoneyBadger said:

I see the "rapid" motions that he's trying to replicate, but I don't know how it would be better than hopping up and over. You're just going to add a bunch of arcs or point to points at a high feedrate, and relatively close to the part wall at that. But it will need to output F values, and the associated G01's and 2/3's to achieve that motion. Not seeing the benefit of reducing your number of z retracts on roughing, repeats back down aren't going to kill your accuracy here.

Seems like a lot of code to rapid back to a starting point for an HSM pass...

The gain with keeping the tool down and following is machine performance. Obviously a late 1990's machine with max feeds in the 400-800 IPM range won't see the types of gains a high performance machine of today that is capable of feeds in the 2,300+IPM range. The strategy is sound and in actual test cutting (not backplot times) it's impressive. 

7 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

To use the strategy correctly and I believe Ron covered it, you have to enable step up, then go full length DOC, keep tool down length of part and it just works as the video shows.

I tried that and couldn't get it to work. It could be a setting I'm missing somewhere.  I can set the 'keep tool down' distance to 100" and it still rapids (or feeds) to a clearance plane and moves to the next cut when there is a step up.

11 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Then he'd create like 5 user accounts that would jump on his bandwagon to support his shill. 

Wait actually??? Seems like a dirtbag with too much time on his hands.

3 minutes ago, neurosis said:

I tried that and couldn't get it to work. It could be a setting I'm missing somewhere.  I can set the 'keep tool down' distance to 100" and it still rapids (or feeds) to a clearance plane and moves to the next cut when there is a step up.

I tried as well with no good results. Area Rough allows use of extra keep tool down options but then you lose step up. Optirough has stepup but you lose the keep tool down options.

• Like 1