Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How set Mastercam to achieve this effect?

58 minutes ago, Jake L said:

Agreed, this would be a good feature in optirough. There's cases where retracting would be faster, but there's definitely cases where "staying down" would be faster.

I think I may have confused 2D HST which DOES stay down exactly as shown in the Tebis clips so between two paths (2D HST and gcode's sample) it is manageable. Possibly more work that desired but, it's definitely possible.

8 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

I think I may have confused 2D HST which DOES stay down exactly as shown in the Tebis clips so between two paths (2D HST and gcode's sample) it is manageable. Possibly more work that desired but, it's definitely possible.

Some of the videos I watched were definitely a 3d roughing routine. Some were 5x.  It was a dynamic/opti milling type routine and not retracting during the step ups. 

What I don't know, and what was admitted to here, is that some kind of linking was involved when he/they used mastercam opti to get it to work?

I don't know anything about the other software used  so I don't know if it was a similar shs roughing routine like opti? linking? 

3 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

That fact you continue down the path you continue to go down tells ME you're not interested in getting help, you're just in here to shill for another CAM system.

This^^^^^

I have seen ZERO reasons to think anything but....user chose not to establish himself as a legal user and came in and has subsequently posted on how "Mastercam needs to change their algorithm"

It smacks of another titles troll account.

Of course, I don't expect the "hosts" to do anything...sorry

16 minutes ago, JParis said:

It smacks of another titles troll account.

or a guy playing with a basket full of crack software, cherry picking the best features from each brand

1 hour ago, neurosis said:

I don't mean to start dropping pronouns but I don't know if we're talking to a guy or girl.

Well, there's a better than 99% chance you're right when assuming gender and programmers. I'm not a betting man, but if it came to betting on the gender of a programmer, even I'd take that bet. :rofl:

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, neurosis said:

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before jumping on the dog pile.

12 hours ago, neurosis said:

I don't mean to start dropping pronouns but I don't know if we're talking to a guy or girl.

I distinctly remember Incog saying you were She/Her.... :hrhr:

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

I distinctly remember Incog saying you were She/Her.... :hrhr:

I think incong was just hoping I was a she/her. He's been too long between marriages. Facial hair is optional at this point.  :D 

• Haha 5
On 3/3/2024 at 1:56 AM, bird2010 said:

Please slow down and watch the movements in this video between 10 and 15 seconds

sorry, I am not good at English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7mxgc-ssg

Went back and re-looked at this 5 times and Mastercam goes about it the same exact way when doing an OPTI-Rough.

Like others have said not on maintenance then not a problem. A simple Mastercam file will be good enough, yet after all the insults thrown at a tool I use to feed my family and keep a roof over heads along with be a racist against am being an American thinking you know me when you clearly don't still supports my thinking you are like 100's of people over the last almost 21 years using a pirated version of the software. 

I will be glad to share my over 5000 emails between me and CNC software over the last 15 years about thing I want done better in Mastercam so you can get off your high horse about how you think you are the only one that wants the software to be better.

English lesson here. Definition of perfect from Websters: Defined in English

perfect

1 of 3

adjective

per·fect ˈpər-fikt 

a
: being entirely without fault or defect : flawless
a perfect diamond

b
: satisfying all requirements : accurate
c
: corresponding to an ideal standard or abstract concept
a perfect gentleman

d
: faithfully reproducing the original
specifically : letter-perfect
e
: legally valid

: expert, proficient
practice makes perfect

a
: pure, total
b
: lacking in no essential detail : complete
c
obsolete : sane
d
: absolute, unequivocal
enjoys perfect happiness

e
: of an extreme kind : unmitigated
a perfect brat

an act of perfect foolishness

obsolete : mature

: of, relating to, or constituting a verb form or verbal that expresses an action or state completed at the time of speaking or at a time spoken of

obsolete
a

of a musical interval : belonging to the consonances unison, fourth, fifth, and octave which become augmented or diminished when raised or lowered by a half step

a
: sexually mature and fully differentiated
a perfect insect

b
: having both stamens and pistils in the same flower
a perfect flower

noun

perfect

2 of 3

verb

per·fect pər-ˈfekt 

also

ˈpər-fikt 

perfected; perfecting; perfects

transitive verb

: to bring to final form

: to make perfect : improve, refine

perfecter noun

perfect

3 of 3

noun

per·fect ˈpər-fikt 

: the perfect tense of a language
also : a verb form in the perfect tense

In Tradition Chinese:

perfect

[adjective, noun ˈpəːfɪkt , verb pəˈfɛkt ]
adjective
1.(faultlessweather, behaviour)
完美的
(sauce, skin, teeth) 無瑕的
2.(idealcrime, solution, example) 理想的
(completesense, nonsense, madness) 完全的
(idiot, fool, stranger) 絕對的
transitive verb
(technique, skill) 使完善
noun
the perfect (tense) 完成時
perfect for sb/sth 對某人/某事完全合適
he’s a perfect stranger to me 對我來說他完全是個陌生人

Like I said originally your definition of perfect and my definition of perfect are at different ends of the spectrum. Doesn't crash the machine hurt the part and take into account a 100 different things it needs to make a good part then that is perfect. How much time if what you consider not perfect account for in a 40 hours roughing cycle where we are removing 7000lbs (15,400 kilos) of material from a part? That is the longest running roughing cycle I have ever run on one part. Before that same type of part was being roughed in 100 hours. If the not feed down to next move at 1200ipm was 1% of total time and didn't scrap the part or create a situation where I got a gouge or other thing that would have scrapped a $50,000 piece of Material than it did a perfect job in my book.

Going by your definition of perfect the maybe 6-7 minutes of feed moves between transition coming up verses going down in an open space make it less than perfect then you have a very valid point. I considered it a lot less since the part had a lot of closed pockets in it. Lets have CNC Software not release another thing from the software until one user out of over 500,000 have decided this must be done. My hard earned money out of my personal pocket that pays their salary along with the over 400 different customers I have worked or work with also don't have any say and every resource must be dedicated to address the less that perfect situation you have yet to provide a Mastercam file showing must be addressed. Cannot fix and imaginary issue someone cannot prove with facts(Sample file). Sorry I am the a$$hole than many think I am here. You have have followed to the letter and method what 100's of pirates and trolls using the software illegally have followed for over the last 20 years, but you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my website out there with my personal cell phone number. I have who I am and what I am out there also. I got no problem standing in the middle of a room full of people and saying no that is not right. That is all I am doing here is saying your approach and method to get an answer is not correct here and making me out to not like Asian's is just being more of an a$$hole than me.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, gcode said:

What's that got to do with anything?

It is unfamiliar territory for me to be opening the Buffalo Trace at that time.

Normal for you of course 😁

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, bird2010 said:

I won't speak because there will be misunderstandings

If you think it's good now, then keep it

image.png.2487307bf922cbd84aca86e58567b59f.png

image.png.8d00414d08afc121a7aa34e36b1e235c.png

image.png.86e5aa4474f0088c8262ad2e7a933e64.png

image.png.fe4fc66329856c9ba9988f36e8a7eb68.png

Mastercam can do it much better than that, but if you won't provide a sample file, we cannot help you.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

If you change your path to flowline and direction to this, you will save much time and boss will be velly velly appy

image.png.3831721b4bf002db9359f9f51bc530f1.png

Yes, this is more efficient in terms of machining time
But this is only the "first" large depth of cut and the upward small depth of cut, there are also the second and third times
You have to do the decomposition "manually", but this is only a simple model, for complex models you have to "manually" create a lot of extra operations

3 hours ago, bird2010 said:

You have to do the decomposition "manually", but this is only a simple model, for complex models you have to "manually" create a lot of extra operations

Not really.

Have you a sample file to prove this?

:lol:

• Like 1

Liar??? I used Google Translate to mean this
There are really a lot of misunderstandings due to different languages

The way Newbeeee said is that after a large depth of cut, you do not perform upward small depth of cut, but you have to manually decompose it parallelly up and down, which will produce a lot of operations for complex models.
It doesn't make sense to use 3D optirough like this

What I mean by decomposition is the way Newbeeee said it
You all misunderstood that I used decomposition to complete???
No, it's an operation

Never mind, I'm used to being misunderstood
Just be happy, everyone

image.png.86ce48aa80ea5b371b3ef772217762b2.png

image.png.f5e78742c59e181c7256b4bf25e499e1.png

2 hours ago, AHarrison1 said:

Gee whizz fellas!!.. How dead does this horse have to be??

This 'shill', who's been a member here since 2010, has had you all roped along for 4 pages now.

Ban him or move along!!

Yes, at the beginning I used a verification program provided by Mastercam
Then follow the instructions to register and log in to Mastercam's webpage, and then I found out about this place.
But it’s all in English, so I rarely come in, but now Google Translate is convenient

• Like 2
On 3/2/2024 at 8:09 AM, crazy^millman said:

Use the type and transition settings correctly that have been in the software since around X5.

image.thumb.png.ad6fc093ec0ecd351f075ff29b0b36fd.png

The other thing that factors into this is the optimize stepup and stepdown settings in cut parameters

Test... I still think it is more efficient to not withdraw if it is reasonable.
It was only withdrawn after the second deep cut...

Optimization...Solidcam was completed a few years ago, Tebis was completed only recently
How long do you have to wait for Mastercam?....You all want to be satisfied with the status quo and not move forward?!
Those who do not support please do not throw water, but those who support please speak out
Even if I am hated by everyone, I still have to say what needs to be said...

image.png.52de1e6ad92b77a618e91cbf3e0969d6.png

image.png.5eb90a73ea29c054a6260975b575303d.png

image.png.963c7a558ae2cfb741f846545fda6f0b.png