Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HASP 4 required to use Mastercam X

X has hit the streets and we are receiving plenty of phone calls and one of the most common is a "Hasp not found (15)" error. If you receive this or a similar hasp not found message, you probably still have a HASP 3. X will only run with a HASP 4. We have actually documented this fact for almost a year now via customer and reseller newsletters, but we obviously didn't get to everyone.

You can actually update the hasp 3 with the new X code, which is misleading, but Mastercam X will not run.

For those of you getting X you may want to vist simwap.com and download the hasp checking utility. This utility will tell you if your sim needs to be swapped to run X.

If it is determined that the old SIM is indeed a HASP3 SIM:

[*]Continue filling out the form, submit it, and a new HASP4 will be sent no charge.

[*]If the HASP belongs to an international customer, the new SIM will be sent to the reseller.

Another note to bring up,

We have a HASP4 and I got a HASP NOT FOUND when I installed X at work [mill seat]. Neither MCX nor MC9 would open up. My reseller told me to download the hasp driver on Support page in Mastercam.com That did the trick.

At home [design seat], I had no such problem.

Todd explained it to me this way,

Typically this is on a PC with XP SP2 installed.

On the Mastercam web support page is a file called drivers. Download and run it. It automatically unloads the offending Windows driver and loads the correct one for Aladdin. (Bill Gates thought they knew how to write a better driver for Aladdin than Aladdin did (go figure).

quote:

if you are not a mait. customer you do NOT have to update to HASP 4 at this time

V9 runs on HASP3 or HASP4

you must have a HASP4 to run X

if you're not on maintenance, you don't need HASP4 cause you don't have X.

I guess if you purchased X without mainenance,

you'de need a HASP4, but X is so new I doubt anyone has done that yet.

O.K. I guess I'll wait then. It's actually not too bad since one of my seats had the hasp4. I've been playing with X for a couple of days. The only thing better than one seat of X is two seats of X biggrin.gif

The file conversion/updating went pretty well. The Machine Definition and post processor needed some slight tweaks, but no big deal. I was posting good code to my Heidenhain 530 within an hour after install! cheers.gif