Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is X better?

TOOLDEV

quote:

Now, try doing this with X. Youll get an error telling you you must exit the current function or command first before executing another....WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

Man, you've just slowed down my workflow gobs and gobs. Now I must exit out of the current function, execute my new function, go back to the old function and get back to where I need to select my new geometry. THIS SUCKS!!!

+1 to that!

I never knew you could create geometry within another function, but I would constantly realize that I was in the wrong construction plane when translating, mirroring, rotating, etc and just change it on the fly. That was sweet!

Thad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero I hear ya man. Ver 9 is as good as it gets.

You must drive X from the right click menu.... look here this keeps you from chasing the cursor around the screen...

Medaq, jmparis is right you missed out dude on not getting ver 9.

Since you want to hear from someone footing the bill...I own my own business for a couple decades now. I have used Mastercam since ver6 and paid every bill. I think I have got my moneys worth......PLUS some.....

I also hear what you guys are saying about the interphase on X.....It's diffrent and I do not like alot of the changes either. But life has taught me that everything changes....

The more I use X, the more I like it.

I am willing to overlook the learning curve and the new interphase in order to use the new tools that X has and is going to have.

Got to roll with the punches dudes... cheers.gif

Is X Better?

Yes....I do believe it is...

I have used a lot different CAD/CAM programs all windows based interfaces - rhino, powwermil, worknc, autocad, inventor. All have there good and bad points. I have not been using X for long but I have to say it has one of the worst interfaces I have ever encountered. I am sure once I get used to it I will be able to function in it - at a decent speed. But you'd think that this late in the windows-CAD/CAM game these guys (CNC software) would be able to produce a stunning product. But instead I find backwards ugly pictogram / icons that dont make sense.

I think they tried to hard to keep the interface consistent with version 9.

Some of the issues involved here - like printing and bad video drivers - should not happed today. Maybe ten years ago when everyone was starting to make windows programs or even 6/7 years ago when opengl became a video card standard. But definitly not today.

That's my two cent worth - take it for what its worth.

With X it does has some drawbacks, but as far as creating geometry and newer updated surf creation is has jumped considerably.

9.1 was no doubt a great package. 2x's better than 8, but the processing was slow.

I tend to write toolpaths on cavities and cores where 2k+ surfaces are normal and the crunch time in nine is 3 times slower than X.

So did my boss save money? If my pc in 9 was crunching for 6 hours a day on 10 programs and now in X I can make 30 programs in the same amount of time I think he did.

Granted the first two weeks was learning my way around but I have made that up in the past week with crunching code.

As for other cad/cam packages beating up on your V8? I don't doubt that.

We tried WorkNc for about 4 months... No cad comparison and the cost was something like three times as much plus a higher maintenance. Also getting a zillion files created when it was posted.

Just my 2 cents.

in my opinion, to many clicks to get to a point, i thought it was suppossed to be less clicks, one of the features that i use a lot is analyze...way easy on version 9, on X is @#$%^.

way to many changes for something that was working fine, it would of been nice to just add things, but not changes things...i'm not even using X any way, it's in a drawer some where...and might even recomend to my boss to stop the maintenance. sorry but is just how i feel.

Too many bugs to use -X-. Post processors did not convert. Subprograms do call correctly. Even with SP1. More mouse cliks for the same process. Editing and turning switches on for debug in posts. NG. Post is now a compiled program. Not very nice. Editor has line numbers. Why? I looks like we will wait again to see what service pack 2 brings. headscratch.gif

Is it better?

I wish to all CNC Inc. and beta testers to fly in plane as good as the software,

and have landing at least with one engine working.

You can try with afican lines.

OR try to drive the car in rush hour in Dntn N.York with steering weel on right side.

Kota,

I cant believe what I just read.

Disgustard

I wont be helping you.

Never make a personal attack here its a place for Learning,Helping and sharing.

Shore say your not happy with something but dont make suggestions poeple should do what you wrote.

• 1 month later...