Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MASTERCAM X

JAMES GABEL

Software will always have bugs. If you're

waiting for them to "fix all the problems", you've got a long wait.

Having said that, SP1 is a big improvement over

the initial release, but some poeple are still having backplot issues.

I am currently testing the latest MR1 beta release. I've had it installed for almost 2 weeks. I've had exactly 1 crash and filed zero bug reports.

I have been using X exclusively since August and would not even think of going back to V9

quote:

but I can not afford to have a lot of down time trying to fix problems.

James, you better start looking at X now. You're going to have down time just trying to learn the new interface.

SP1 made it a little better and update 1 made it a little better than that. Now that CNC Software has a lot more "beta testers," I look forward to some big changes in MR1. :Fingers crossed:

Thad

Hi guys!

I agree with all of you.

But Mastercam is tool for most of us. Not the toy. And most of us don’t have time to play.

I am still using 9 , and trying to learn X , to move as soft as possible.

I set most of thinks up on way I like then uninstalled program for some reason and found..... I forgot all steps to bring software back to condit. I like. (Set up kind of complicated this time. I am using mc 10 years already). So must be some manual where you can read how to set up soft. Step by step to make it more convenience for users.

Regards