Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Tool (Setup sheet and more)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This setup sheet looks awesome! Just one issue I'm having though. When I run the setup sheet it outputs the filename as "t.htm". It is in the proper directory though! Anyways, how can I set it to use the same filename as the operations that I've selected? Also, Is it possible to add a link in it to the NC file, which would also be the same name as the operations I've selected.

Thanks.

I create a toolpath group for each operation on my part. I could have different groups, each one would be named "part-op10", "part-op20", "part-op30" etc. and under each group would be all the toolpath operations to complete that side of the part. Is there a way to get this setup sheet to use that name so in my directory I would end up with "part-op10.htm" and so on for each operation I have. Right now it defaults and posts it out as "t.htm". It doesn't prompt me for a name and I cannot see where to change it.

Also, Can this be run from a VBS script? What would I need to do to be able to select a bunch of operations, click one button possibly linked to a VBS script and get the NC file posted and the setup sheet made at the same time?

Previously in V9 I would post the NC file, create the HTML setup sheet and then print a screen shot to a PDF file (Which I could open with a link from the HTML setup sheet). Your setup sheet has eliminated the screen shot into a PDF file saving me one step by putting the current screen shot into the setup sheet!

Thanks, this setup sheet looks great!

DavidB, click on HTML Output, then print from Internet explorer or Firefox or whatever you use.

You can shrink the colums you don't want to see to zero. You are also able to drag the colums at any position you like.

Matt, I'm sure that you can run the tools from VB. Ask the VB guys in this forum.

quote:

...It doesn't prompt me for a name and I cannot see where to change it.

Any HTML-Browser allows you to make a "save as". Look at the File menu in your browser.

Günther,

Ok, Thanks. I just assumed it was saving it when I created it. I just noticed that it isn't actually saving it as "t.htm". I was able to File-Save it. Is it possible to have it save before it is displayed as the same name that is defined for the .NC file? Or is that something for a future release?

Thanks.

For anyone interested in seeing another version of the set-up sheet form V9, I put "ncdatasheet.xlt" in the "set-up sheet" folder on the ftp.

My acknowledgements to Bruce, as I looked at his for a base, then masaged it to fit our needs.

I haven't got it done yet for X but you can see what it does in V9 if any of you are still using it. You have to move your pic to where you want it, which I sometimes put on separate page if I have lots of prgs.

Beej,

Hey brother, We are neighbors. H-J Enterprises is an all enclusive (foundry/machine-shop/plating/assy/full labratory-testing) of top quality electrical connectors and transformers. we have over 100,000 sq. ft. headquarter facility here in High Ridge with over 250 employees. You should be able to connect to our web-site by clicking on my homepage link above. I just tried it and it works.

What shop do you work at in troy?