Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam vs. others?

c-hook

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randle are you reading MMS Online again?

:headshake:

Almost everyone over there is a reseller for other CAM makers. Why do you think they all hide.

Go say something good a bout MC and watch the responses, that should tell you all you need to no about their reliability.

I really wish you were a Beta Tester. I do have that and I can say I have had my share of problems, but found were 90% of them were coming from a piece of sh?? computer that needs and complete throw in the trash can. With that said how much time have you spent trying outthe HST toolpaths. Since someone at CNC let the cat out of the bag about the new 5 axis stuff I wil share this. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW things I would have to old schhol to do and now at the tip of your finger tips just like the roughing. Smooth out raduis at tranitions, stock defintions, multi-pass, Morph pockets, Gouge checking(with stragities, Parameters, Geometry, Holders, Arbors, and more), linking parameter page(with about 20 options), and alot more. Point is all of this can be done with what is there now just takes longer and requires alot more work than what this new advance will offer. Dont beileve me ask for them to send you the 5AXui.chm file I think they might do that. It gives you a very good idea of what is coming in MR2.(Your idea of Vaporware LOL funny I see it right in front of me)

Does it do all you need I have no clue but you have not been happy Mastercam since you joined the forum and doubt you ever will. Like I always tell me guys in the shop. You keep looking for the bad, for something to go wrong and you will find it.

Good luck and hope you find that pot of gold at the end of rainbow you keep looking for. Must have already found since it sound like you are going to poney about $250,000 in all the software out there to have what you need.

Well just like any other software in the developmental stage, it's gonna take a few updates to get it running good. Hopefully the engineers that create Mastercam will read and take note, as to what people want/need from mastercam, and hopefully incorporate it in the next few update.

MCx if fine I have no crashes, and the interface is much easier to use than 9.1. I used G-Zero and Geopath(GPwin), good programs but very limited in the capabilities. MC I can crate solids and prints in a snap. People say that Mastercam is good for complex stuff, But I disagree, just as easy to build simple jaw programs as the other packages I have used. Remember Version X was a major upgrade, Windows had simular problems when they went to the latest version of their operating system. The shear amount of source code, links, and on and on, it is amazing more problems are not present. For the mony MC is well worth it. I have had problems but not to many to be an annoyance. "Opperator error" is the cause of some of my troubles.

Maintenance, if we do not pay it who will pay the people at CNC software to keep it updated and revised?

One more thing, not to important but thought you all might like to know. When you go into the Geopath training facility they have volumes of Ron Hubbards "Dianetics" and "Scientology" books lining the walls. Strange............ do not know if that is still the case but a few years ago it was..................

G-Zero is a very good package, I helped design many Golf clubs for KB Golf Manufacturing on G-zero. If I had MC when at KB Golf, me and Kevin could have gone real crazy with the designs of golf clubs, and had a good time doing it.

Hey here ya go

Napa Valley, Wine tasting and food (I live there)

The Napa vally this time of the year is so pretty, Silverado Trail is one the the nicest drives in the vally to wine taste and tour.

San Franciso

San Francisco Golden gate rec area in Marin County.

Walk the Golden gate Bridge.

Walk the beach at Bodega Bay or Point Reyes. Hike Mt. St Helena in Calistoga (north of Napa)

Muir Woods By Mt Tamilpias

Mt Diablo, views are wonderfull

Yosemite (drive to the Sierras)

"Ability to complete a program without CRASHING!"

Funny thing It never crases machines on me!

I have never crashed a machine using MC, messed up other little things but never that. Dude look at your programs, you are doing some thing wrong, or you have a bad post processor.

The verify has caught so many little mistakes of mine(break thrus) I could not program with out it.

Look within my son before you look at others....

Mexitaljew....Jerome

I am heading out there to see the David Gilmour concert at the Paramount theater , I will be staying at the Sheritan there in Livermore, cuz a friend of mine that is going with me has family near by. Anyway, how about any good restaurants near by IN Livermore?

[ 04-13-2006, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: c-hook ]