Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas users

Jim ..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

There is no such word as orientate.

If it is in the dictionary it is a word.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=orientate

quote:

No, The word "orientate" is one of those words that has ended up in our lexicon simply because it has been misused for so long.

It really does not matter when it was added. But it was added. Are we suppose to keep the same dictionary from biblical times? No we are suppose to add new words as time progresses.

Btw for the record this is not english class, it is a question to know how to get his spindle in the right direction. You are just trying to feel good about your self by busting someone elses balls.

And another btw, My machines do not care how I orientate or orient the spindle. They speak the universal language of math.

Jim

SAIPEM,

You may be right about the language thing, or maybe not. I'm a mechanical engineer and I could care less. Trevor was trying to help Jim solve his problem of setting his spindle orientation, which was a nice gesture. All you offered in your post was a grammer correction which nobody gives a rip about in this forum, except maybe you.

Do you typically offer grammar corrections in business settings in the US? If so, what sort of response do you typically get? Probably not helping your career much if you do. I'd guess it would automatically label you as arrogant.

Bob

quote:

What you may consider arrogance is merely supreme confidence in my abilities

This trade humbles us all sooner or later and there is a very thin line between arrogance

and supreme confidence.

Frankly, I'm not educated enough to tell the difference. To teh ignorant gcode, you just sound like a pompous a$$. rolleyes.gif

Sometimes, even when you're right, you're very very wrong.

From Sapiem

quote:

There is no such word as orientate.

quote:

It's indicative of poor education.

quote:

Simply being an author does NOT make one a linguist or an authority on language.

Use whatever one floats your boat.

Be aware that in a business situation in the U.S., using 'orientate' will automatically label you an uneducated rube to those with whom you engage in conversation.

quote:

What you may consider arrogance is merely supreme confidence in my abilities.

Proper use of language is one of them.

If you don't wish to be considered an uneducated rube, you could start by spelling the words properly when you are attempting to insult me.

Please feel free to ignore my posts as you clearly know everything already.

quote:

You're the one who resorts to obscenities and I'm the one with no class?

Your insecurities are showing.

I think it the light of your use of words you might think about it this way sir. To error is human, but to be the jack hammer to drive the rivet home proves what. Life is way to short on this earth and in the lose nature of this forum we are allowed some freedom to be ourselves or not ourselves our choice. I often type words wrong spell words wrond and do thing wrong. Guess what; I am human and to think you are doing good in showing what you consider others doing as wrong proves what. The use of words is easy to you, but being a person has seemed to have eluded you.

You may pocess eloquence and demeanor in your understanding and use of the english language this however does not give you the right to digress this converstaion into showing how superior you think you are.

Guest SAIPEM

All past words aside,

Here's to those who gave everything so that we have the freedom to argue about something so meaningless in the grand scheme of things. cheers.gif

Freedom isn't Free, It's Priceless.

My best wishes to all for this coming Memorial Day.

"Never before, have so many owed so much to so few."

M19 = Spindle orient ON

M20 = Spinlde orient OFF

Since there is a canceling code I would expect M19 to be modal, at least until another spindle related command was called. M03 etc.

I like to orientate as I know it is improper anglich and gets on the nervs of the people whom were brought up to never let a simple mspellin' go.

I thought the Orient referred to a region on Earth predominantly populated by Orientals.

The size of a Man can be measured by the size of the things that make him angry.

• 2 weeks later...