Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 wish list.

RandleXX

I have to admit MR2 has some really cool features. Still a couple of bugs though.

How about picking solid faces for advanced multiaxis toolpaths?

The darn configuration settings for verify (use last size) still wont "stick".

Overall, MR2 has made major inprovments in highspeed and multi-axis toolpaths.

GREAT WORK! CNC Inc.

cheers.gif

[ 05-19-2006, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: RandleXX ]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big thing I would like to see as this moves forward is some normalization on the fila naming front.

X we had one way of doing it

X MR1, had a different way of doing it

X MR2, offers yet another way of file naming

I guess maybe just because I like to have my files named after my file name and then the op# I have had to adapt on all the changes.

I hope we have now finally arrived at what will continue to exist from here on.

Still waiting for those lockable tool #'s too biggrin.gif

How about when posting not having the "Not all operations for c:yourfile.mcx have selected for posting. Select All?" pop up everytime. how about making it a check box in the post processing configuration. Also I'd like to see a change to the scallop toolpath. I would like to have an option to have it work like a parallel path as well as what it does already. Kinda like a flowline path that actually works for more than just simple surfaces.

Oh and I would like the winning lottery numbers for next week too.....if thats not to much to ask

1- Make it a true multi-threading application. This is a must for perfomance with all the dual core processors coming out.

2- Make the level manager so when you turn levels on and off it shows on the screen "realtime" instead of closing the manager to see which entities turn off...make it like CadKey's manager in other words.

3- Gouge checking in the "basic" 5ax toopaths

4- 5ax verify that works....I am tired of seeing the tool go through the part when it should be the part rotating.

In most input boxes you can input metric values (5mm) and it will convert to inch (.1969). In the fast point mode the mm is not recognized (5mm,1.2 will read as x5.0 y1.2 not x.1969 y1.2). I know I can input it as 5/25.4,1.2 but it would be nice if it were consistant.

quote:

Parametric modelling (Can't be too hard, Alibre is about $2k)

Assemblies (As above)

Holder library for ALL toolpaths (OneCNC does this well :flamesuit on:)

Stock, fixture, clamp recognition (We define one solid for verify, why not more than one?)

+1000 bruce

At some point the solid modeling has got to be improved. I've been emailing QC about some of their downfalls. and it doesn't really seem like they get it.

ie. solidsremove face it should be able to remove a face and reconcile the solid to keep it closed. instead "Removes Face" makes it an open sheet body. No other system I've ever used does that. But the solution QC used was to turn in a request that parasolid translations use a history tree. You can't really have a history tree if the other system doesn't output a history, why not just fix the problem?

quote:

At some point the solid modeling has got to be improved. I've been emailing QC about some of their downfalls. and it doesn't really seem like they get it.

What do you think the new interface for ??

These guys can only work so fast??

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

What do you think the new interface for ??

If that's what the new interface is far then that's great! But they don't tell us what's coming down the pipes and if I don't tell them what I need, I could be waiting for a long time for nothing.

Do you have information on new solid improvements that are coming?