Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2 Preview Videos

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Any Beta's out there care to speak up on this?...

Can't. We'd be banned from further Beta Participation which would totally suck! Sorry. Trust us when we say you will like it!!!

quote:

John Paris @ Kevlin

X2 is a new release

V8, V9, X, X2......

--------------------

See anything wrong with this numbering system? We're talking about version eleven here aren't we? This mixture of roman and arabic numerals seems to me a little ditzy, especially since we're not even using X1 which would at least make some sense to me. If we were playing with Barbie Dressup version X2, that would be fine and dandy! Put on Barbie's wedding dress and snow boots and a big sombrero and make her spin around like a vomit comet! Oklie doklie!

I bet those Gibbs guys are laughing at us right now...

Seriously though, I'm still looking forward to the next version regardless of the title and early this Fall is close enough to be exciting!

----

Earlier Murlin said...

"...The way it is now, no maint, no STEP..."

----

This is not true. This WAS true in the last release(s) of V9 (when maintenance customers didn't have to pay for the add-on), but in X it's simply part of Mastercam, like all the other importers. No extra price, no maintenance required.

And I don't know what to say to the guy who's comparing us to Barbie dolls...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do love the fact that we will be able to extend our toolpaths without changing the geometry!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can do it already, since at least ver 9...

Ok...so how do you extend the tool path without having to add extended lines to the geometery??

nosserøv , it has alwas been called "x" by dealers and CNC but everyone says "oh that the roman # for 10 so they call it 10. But really they were going for Version X and then X2 and so on.

Version X is really the first version being "X-1"

( I bet those Gibbs guys are laughing at us right now...) I find it funny when there versions are called by a year # and they are alwas behind in the year.

Well as of last month they are finally shipping version 2006 just in time for the year of 2007.

I am not so worried about them.

Now how do you know so much about the versions of (If we were playing with Barbie Dressup version X2)?