Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Hand Jerks When Using Mouse

randymcdermott

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry:

Do you still have her number?

Hardmill:

No doctors in my area (Toronto Ont.) are taking new patients but I think I'll go to a clinic and see what they have to say.

Steve:

Bought a trackball about 2 weeks ago. Tried it for about 1 hour and my thumb went for a dump. I found it too hard to control movement. Maybe I didn't giv enough time but I took it back to the store.

Kannon:

Cool! Work the PC with my feet thereby freeing up my hands to do what I'd rather be doing with them all day.

Mowens:

What mouse are you suggesting?

Mat:

Thanks for the input.

90rsgnuguy42:

Tell me your symtoms and I'll pass them along

quote:

No doctors in my area (Toronto Ont.) are taking new patients

Is this the government run "free" healthcare

that liberals are trying to emulated here in the US. confused.gif

don't Canadian pay 40%+ tax rates for that "free"

healthcare??

I don't know what I'd do in yout case. A blown out mouse hand can be a career ending injury

for a programmer frown.gif

Hi Gcode,

We're getting a bit off topic in my off topic topic but I personally don't mind whatever it costs me for "free" healthcare instead of having to pay for private healthcare insurance which may or may not pay out in the event of a cataclysmic medical condition or worse, if one can't afford premiums, one has no recourse but to sit down and wait to die.

Granted, our government has made doctors reluctant to stay in this country by forcing cost caps on them thereby making it hard to find a doctor that is'nt too busy to see you.

In the event of an emergency however one may have too wait at the hospital for longer than than we did 20 years ago but I still prefer our system.

Mowens:

Had a Logitech MX1000 up untill 2 weeks ago very comfortable but it went wonky. I took it back to the store (still under waranty) and was told they dont make them anymore.

They replaced it with a Logitech G7 (more expensive but less comfortable). The one thing that's better about it is that it comes with 2 rechargable batteries. One stays in the charger and when the mouse dies you just swap them. No more forgetting to put the mouse in the charging station once a week at night.

randymcdermott,

ROFLMAO

You're cool. cool.gif I would seriously start looking at a Spaceball or Space Pilot. I saw a couple models of both at a recent conference and they look fantastic. Definitely get a second opinion from another doctor. The first one just sounds like he's not interested in treating you at all. bonk.gif You should ask him "what about your hypocratic oath?" HTH cheers.gif

Went to the local clinic last night. That doctor did'nt know what it might be either.

I'll see my GP and ask him to refer me to a brain guy. I was kind of hoping I could get some pills.

Matt:

I tried a gell pack ergonomic mouse pad. Didn't help.

That "Assistive Mouse Adapter" could be the last resort. Interesting.

I'll close this issue now and thanks a lot guys!

wow. Sorry for the response hope I did not offend you there kannon. I did not read that he wanted the topic closed, must have missed it. Thanks for the eye roll icon and making me feel like an xxxx.

Reminds me that I'm probably best off to stay out of here.

Later

Dave

quote:

wow. Sorry for the response hope I did not offend you there kannon. I did not read that he wanted the topic closed, must have missed it. Thanks for the eye roll icon and making me feel like an xxxx.

Reminds me that I'm probably best off to stay out of here.

ummmmm, DaveR it was a joke..the rolleyes.gif was kind of a lead to the "Im not going to post here thing." like Thads Sticky. Hope you never take me serious, nobody else does.

loosen up bud..if you have seen my posts from the past you will know I am not a serious person here on the forum and last thing is to make anyone feel like a xxxx.

Should have put the smiley behind my reply.. I apologize. rolleyes.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifcheers.gif

and didnt even see you posted before mine hit the board.

Alright my problem, I'm such a wuss. Tough day and feeling a bit sensitive. Sorry for assuming.

Cigar is a good idea, maybe a stiff shot of turpentine too.

Kannon I do medical device prototype work for other docs in the area (when I'm not seeing patients at the day job), mostly the Orthopods who tend to have a need for lots of toys in their line of work. Used to have a Fadal mill just got a new Haas VF-2, some manual stuff too, have a pretty complete shop right in my garage.

Just joined forces with a shop floor super from a local areospace company and we are going to start up a small job shop together in our spare time and see where it goes.

getting way OT I'm sorry.

I hope the hand movements turn out to be no big deal.

Dave