Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2MR1 lag?

spade117

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be that it is a compiled problem in the kernal with the solid security algorythms.

Just a wild guess cause I haven't got a clue how that stuff works...

The system is constantly looking to make sure you are leagal and it is using up the avalible system resources.

This thread is interesting.

The only lag issue I ever have is when selecting a surface high-speed toolpath. It takes slightly longer than the old toolpaths.

I was shocked when you guys started talking about watching the color dialog fill in line by line...

I am running Windows XP PRO SP2, Norton AV 2006, IE7, Parallel Hasp, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ Processor, Quadro FX 1400 video.

I have full "eye candy" enabled. I can't stand the way it looks when disabled.

been reading this thread (and others like it complaining of lag) and just gotta chime in to say, I haven't experienced any of these lag issues at all...ever.

I deal with files of all sorts and sizes, built natively in MC or imported igs/step/x_t/solidworks/rhino/etc. from all sorts of CAD programs. Mostly 3d surfacing stuff with 2d sprinkled in here and there, and file sizes ranging from 100kb to 100+mb. I do have a solids license, but don't usually program directly off the solids (still weary of whole features getting ignored or rough pocket programs deciding to clear out whole z levels regardless of what the part looks like like MC has done in the past) and usually convert all solids to surfaces and then move the solids to different levels and turn them off.

XP pro sp2 (with full "eye candy" and unified z buffer or whatever turned on)

still using x2sp1

Running Mcaffee AV

128m Quadro 1300 PCI express x16

once I start MC in the morning, it usually doesn't get shut down till I leave at night. I can have 10 or more programs running at the same time (not counting background services and whatnot..) and I barely ever even get MC to crash, let alone lag.....

quote:

solid models arent the problem cause I get the lag using just wire frames as well.

Yes solid models ARE the problem. At least on my machine. Whether it's tied in to the Video Driver....now that IS one Question to be answered....

I have confirmed this many, many times.

From what you and others are saying, there is a problem with wireframe as well.

All anyone has to do is to take a model that you are having lag on(betcha that it is either a solid or a wireframe) and convert to surfs and delete the solid from the file. Presto....NO lag...

Come on guys it's easy to confirm...

quote:

Yes solid models ARE the problem. At least on my machine. Whether it's tied in to the Video Driver....now that IS one Question to be answered....

I have confirmed this many, many times.

From what you and others are saying, there is a problem with wireframe as well.

All anyone has to do is to take a model that you are having lag on(betcha that it is either a solid or a wireframe) and convert to surfs and delete the solid from the file. Presto....NO lag...

No Murlin...I said earlier that the problem exists as soon as X2 is opened. Doesn't matter if you have an actual part file open or not.

@ murlin.. wasnt saying it had nothing to do with solids at all just specifying its with wireframes also.. I get it with surfaces and I think even if I dont have any files loaded at all I eperience lag..(right click etc... on the no file open ...)

I don't have the immediate lag problem. My system seems to fade toward the end of my shift, but shutting down Mastercam and starting it back up certainly helps. My biggest gripe isn't the lag problem. I just wanna generate toolpaths much faster like the other cam package on my tube.

quote:

No Murlin...I said earlier that the problem exists as soon as X2 is opened. Doesn't matter if you have an actual part file open or not

Ok so for YOUR problem it starts immidiatly. Don't tell me my problem is not happening...I was just trying to get others to see it they experienced the same thing.

Since I do all my engineering in Proe and open up MC for a short while to the toolpaths, I have not noticed the "memory leak" similarities to the problem.

But do not discount what I have said about solids.

Freaking ops lags out for me when using a solid...

I am pn a 800 FSB with a 3 gightz processor with 2 gig of RAM so it is not lagging due to me having a slow computer because it lags on simple solids.

The lagging started happening on solids for me when I upgraded to X2.

X1 did not lag in ops for me.

Sounds like there is alot more going on here than a memory leak or a conflict with the video drivers.

Sounds like a Windows anomily to me...

For me the processing time seems to be the same. Where I see lag is in mouse response. It can take several seconds for my mouse to catch up with wy hand movements. It is not every time though. This morning I came in and tried to use MC and immediatley had lag problems. I restarted MC and it was still there. I then rebooted pc and restarted MC and lag was gone and has not came back.

XMr2, mill3, solids

nvidia gforce4

gcode, I just applied your advice relating to the number of undos and your thread related to the advanced performance settings. These changes made a DRAMATIC effect on everything! This tube is MUCH faster. We'll see if this reduces the lag problem. THANKS!!!

quote:

New Work - Nvidia MX400

John, that's barely enough card for a game

of Pong biggrin.gif

My work card is not much better, a GeForce FX5200.

This card has surprised me though.

Verify runs much better on this lowend PCi Express

card than it does on my high end AGP card at home

(Quadro FX-3000/

I've been running MR1 at work for 2 days now and I am not experiencing a lag problem.

I think putting a limit on the amount of memory available for Undo is helping.

The default install sets it at "Unlimited" and I think the Undo buffer just keeps soaking up

memory till there is none left.

I have a question for the guys experiencing slow mouse issues. Are you running Microsoft mouse drivers or the drivers provided my your mouse manufacturer.

I am running Logitech both at home and at work.

I have the latest greatest mouse drivers installed

and Windows Mouse Themes set to "None"

I am having no mouse trouble at all.