Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark

Roger Peterson

quote:

cheaper & faster than updating to USB hasps for MC

don't know about faster, but its a nominal charge

for changing out a parrallel hasp for a USB.

probably less that the cost of a expansion card..

I believe CNC is trying to phase out parrallel

hasps so they don't have to support them in future versions.

I attended a Mastercam Users Group last month

and they were talking about going to software

licensing like Catia or SolidWorks...

I really hope Mastercam doesn't go this route.

The portability of the HASP has allowed tens of thousands of users to take MC home for practise

and is a big factor in MC's market dominance IMO.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

MAtt, nice system! Its good to see what a new i7 will do without any tweaks. Definitely go for the HASP upgrade, its really no big deal.

Gcode, I agree withyou about not switching to software licensing- the hasp allows many of us to run mc on different systems, and in my case, has kept me alive when the main computer crashed and burned...more than once!

As for X4, I know its in beta, I just was wondering if multi-threading was something available to us now, or if only X4 can use it. SOunds like X3 doesn't use it. I'm just not computer-savvy enough to know.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this thread has been "stickied" (is that a word?), good idea. I just wanted to note something for everyone to take note of. When this thread was started on 05.23.07 the fastest time was just shy of 7 minutes. 21 months later we are now just shy of 3 minutes. How much is due to computer hardware vs. CNC Software making the toolpaths calculate faster I don't know but either way these are significant gains in productivity.

quote:

Matt Hajicek........2:55.526

Bogus mill .........3:0.352 Screen Shot Verified

Suks2bu.............3:35.328 Screen shot Verified

Mat, looks like your still the leader...

Any one make any advances on the Title yet??? I am curious to see if Bogus Mill can take the lead, LOL. biggrin.gif

Seriously though, are you guys waiting for X4? smile.gif

quote:

Wow, coming up on four months, and I'm still holding the title with a $1500 box...

Matt Berube, go overclock your i7 so we can move on!

LOL, your not going to depend your Title??? Come-On!!! wink.gif

Go for a better time. Stick the Box outside in the Cool Air or an Arctic Blast. That might reduce your times by at least 10%.

Build another Box biggrin.gif

For the most part I don't use the horsepower I've got. The only times I really have to wait are when I'm having Solidworks fix an imported Pro-E model, and even then only sometimes. I run the GPU version of Folding@home just to keep my machine from getting bored.

If I could squeeze more money out of my boss it would be for a real verification package.

quote:

If I could squeeze more money out of my boss it would be for a real verification package.

Predator Virtual CNC is nice. I have a Licensed V7 through BobScrap/Crap V22 aka V2007. I added the additional functions of STL Fixtures, Custom Tool Editing, and G-Code Editing.

It looks very DOS but performs very well.

What is shocking is that Predator supplied BobScrap/Crap with a Great Verification Software. confused.gif

The original release of the V2007 BobScrap/Crap Predator EATS G-CODE biggrin.gif I think it will even read full 5 axis.

You can also use their Editor to Verify Solid Simulations too. You just have to create a header at the beginning of the NC program for tools, material, stl fixture, clamps etc.

This is why I did not request a refund from BobScrap/Crap, because of the Predator Functionality.

Then again if I lose the Dongle I am SOL, because these features won't work without it. LOL Dongle stays HOME biggrin.gif