Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark

Roger Peterson

6 min 42 sec

Mastercam X3

IBM Intel P4 3GHZ (dual hyperthreading thingy)

(Tigerdirect off lease computer at 299.00 or something like that)

1.5 gb ram

ATI Catalyst 256 meg video

XP Pro SP3

I forgot to mention in my earlier post, the Acer Laptop runs at 1.6 GHZ

Dave

P.S. newchsmcam, yes, it is here

ftp://www.mastercam-cadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/MCX2_Files/

Without going through all 24 pages, can somebody tell me what the fastest time is, and what the hardware is? Now that X4 is officially released, and the multi-threading is obviously doing it's job, I'm thinking of building or buying a better system with Vista 64.

well, I hooked up my cluster (My main computer in my sig, a new macbook pro, two acer aspire one a150 netbooks, a ps3 running ubuntu linux, a gateway tablet pc amd a hp media center pc). With every computer running at full capacity I ran the benchmark. In 20 seconds, it finished threading and regerating. When it was translating to write the data on the disk my main computer shutdown. I destroyed the harddrive array, put it into thermal protection and lost all of my data. I recorded the catastrophy and will upload the benchmark test to youtube tonight. So I guess my time was twenty seconds! Beat that (it only cost me all of my data and possible hardware damage! LOL) God I rock!

quote:

What really sux is only having mill level 1, I cant even run this just to benchmark my comp.

If you're only using Mill Level 1 the test would be irrelevant. It would most likely not be worthwhile to spend money upgrading any computer used only for mill level 1...

If you really must test it I recommend getting a demo version from your reseller. I think that would allow you to try the benchmark.

While benching mine I noticed that it appears to be finished when in fact it's still crunching. Thats why I posted the Mastercam event log. If you look at mine I got to that point in 38 secs but the actuall time is 1.13min verified by the MC event log pic. So I believe 20 secs is bogus, but if it had lived the sub-minute benchmark would be upon us and not from an i7 machine. Too bad about your PC Kenny.