Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chris Moffatt

JimFalbe

Just goes to show how fast things can change..blink of an eye... what I find upseting is it dosent take your actions to change your life. Someone elses actions may control your destiny. Thats what bothers me....and it can happen without your consent.

Heal up quick bud... and hope your road to recovery moves along quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure these updates are getting old, but I have nothing much else to do, so you guys are stuck. I went to the Spine Center at UMASS Memorial hospital yesterday and was given the OK to remove the hard cervical collar [a "Miami J" for those who have worn one] after wearing it 24/7 for a month and it feels GREAT!! I am so stoked to be able to move my head and to be able to touch and see my neck again. This also means that my saintly wife doesn't need to help me shower anymore or tote me around like a surfboard. I am required to do some physical therapy before they clear me to drive, which is a slight downer, but on the whole I am super pumped to get this much further to "whole" again. My weight is now down 40 pounds in just over a month [take that Atkins] but hopefully now that eating is more enjoyable hopefully I can begin to rebuild. My broken ribs are going to keep me out of the gym for awhile, but when I'm cleared to go back I should be able to re-establish the rest; maybe even with a little less spare tire.

I also finally had a chance to speak with the two off-duty firefighters who happened to be on the scene [really "on the scene" as they told me that I physically flew over the hood of their truck on my way to the sidewalk] and made the 911 call as well as stabilized me prior to the ambulance's arrival. Somehow information had flowed back to them that I had not survived following the accident so the calls were pretty emotional ones and I had to let my wife take over the talking a couple of times while I gathered my emotions, but it was really terrific for me [and them] to be able to thank them for keeping me alive and minimizing my post-crash injuries because with the extent of my internal damage it is quite possible that I could've bled out right there on the street if not for their quick and competent assistance. I always used to find it somewhat corny on the old show "Rescue 911" when grown men would break down crying thanking the people who had rescued them or helped save their lives; I am embarrassed now that I was so cynical because I was the same exact way last night.

Enough for now, the road to recovery continues.

C

Guest John Paris @ Services 4 Automati

Chris,

nope not sick of them at all.

Just glad to hear you are making good progress to getting yourself "right" again.

Here's to continued success

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Thanks, guys

Hey John; do you have a spring on your a$$ or what? I heard you were at S4A now; that's about 4 jobs in the last 6 months! I hope things work out well there for you; I'm sure you'l be hearing from me in an "official" capacity pretty soon as we're due for some training sometime in Q1 or Q2 of 2008.

C

Guest John Paris @ Services 4 Automati

What????

It's "ONLY" my 3rd gig this year biggrin.gif

Of course if you count my side stuff I guess that could be 4.

You know where we are, call anytime

quote:

Chris, great news. Keep gettin better.

I'll second that. Great to hear, Chris!

Lora Dodd, a woman powerlifter, suffered a major knee injury. The doctors told her she could never lift weights again. She went to Westside Barball where famous powerlifting coach Louie Simmons resides. Louie told her "Nonsense". He started her rehab and 2 years later she broke the world record deadlifting almost 600 lbs. Not bad for a 45 year old women weighing 160 lbs! Louie himself had many serious injuries which doctors told him don't lift again. He once cracked 3 vertabrae in his lower back after slipping on ice in his porch. Was on crutches for 9 months. 2 years later he's back lifting his usual insane weight.

You'll be back soon and stronger than ever. The body is very resilient.

Again, glad to hear you're making so much progress!

Maybe since you have so much time you could try to catch John's post count. smile.gif

Its good to hear that you are getting back told your old self mentally and physically. Have they said how long before you can go back to work? Dont want to worry you, but I am sure the monkeys have gone crazy with the footballs since you've been out. rolleyes.gif Maybe you could do some work from home before you go back.

Have not heard bout how the insurance is treating you on this, have they stepped up yet?