Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verification Software

Wise-ACR

Both the Metacut utilities and Cimco edit 5 will verify/backplot milling files, but only backplot turning files. If you want to verify turning files you will need something more.

I have been using metacut for quite a few years and really like it, it has a lot of nice features for editing your nc files as well as verifying and backpoting them. While I have used cimco edit 5's verification I do not know enough about it, I do know people who like. I beleive you can get trial versions of both right from their websites.

good luck

Cimco Full V5 here and does all the lathe and 3 axis stuff we need. Predator is a very nice product for the money, but if you got a McDonalds budget then might want to look at Trial and error method, crashes on the machine, and scrap parts. I do not understand why more people do not use this proven method. Why verify code I just don't get why someone would try to save time and money spending some money on software to eliminate crashes and down time??? Hey it might cost you a spindle every year, and those 100 of hours of proving out programs at the machine that does not cost a company money it is all free. Scrap parts well those are just bonuses to have to display to people the work your company can do. Broken tooling again that is free so really what does it cost to spend some money for verification software??? In the long run that lost time, possible machine damage, broken tooling and scraps parts are so much cheaper than some fancy problem solving verification software that would eliminate 99% of that. I think we should embrace it as job security. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Yes I am being very sarcastic.